Gibson Brands Forums

What guitar do you play the most?

Thin_Lizzy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't kill me......but even with the Custom, my most played guitar and my favorite is my Agile AL-3000. It plays, sounds, and feels amazing. It was a gift from my kids and let me tell you they bought it for only $400, but it is (in my opinion) at least a Elitist level. Seriously though, these guitars are AMAZING. Though my Hagstrom is a very close second. And let me tell you I honestly don't EVER base my purchases on the name on the headstock............ALL of my guitars were chosen simply by ear and by feel. I just go into my local guitar shop and play every damn guitar in the entire store.

The J45 and the ES-339 get the most "hours" per day/week, because they are hanging on the wall. The new Studio is the gigger now, and the backup will vary, depending on the gig. If it's a "Sh!thole", I'll let the Tele be the backup......

Well, my Studio of course. Although the SG which is laying around at the living room gets picked-up as well.

I just bought a 09/2002 Washburn X-10, for dirt cheap, to which I'm devoting quite some time as well during the last days. And I have not yet strung her up with new strings or have it set up. But I'm liking a lot already!

[blush] Love that Strat. I just moved my Strats Lace Pickups around to Red(n) Silver(m) Blue([angry]. Gonna see how that works out over the weekend.

Let me know how that works out. I have a Jaguar that I put a Red LS in the bridge and I like it what it lost that twang. But if it means no annoying feedback, then so be it.

At home, my Gibson ES-330 because it sounds great as an acoustic, sounds great when plugged in, has a great neck, and I love it.

On stage my modded LTD because it's a knock around guitar and I don't have to worry about putting a scratch on it, it has a great neck, the single volume control and varitone allow me to get a variety of sounds out of it.

GuitarFamily.JPG

Insights and incites by Notes

Archived