Gibson Brands Forums

How I know if someone is ROCK-N-ROLL or NOT!

Stew

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the 70's I was Rock............

In the 80's I was Metal (even Hair Metal, But Nancy Reagan told me to "just say no")

The 90's & early 00's I was "Classic" Rock (hey, I already knew the material)

Now, due to arthritis in both hands, and to finally growing older, i'm mostly Blues !

(But a lil Sabbath, AC/DC, & Nugent still brighten my day now & then)

O.K................who hid my Geritol????

In the 70's I was Rock............

In the 80's I was Metal (even Hair Metal' date=' But Nancy Reagan told me to "just say no")

The 90's & early 00's I was "Classic" Rock (hey, I already knew the material)

Now, due to arthritis in both hands, and to finally growing older, i'm mostly Blues !

(But a lil Sabbath, AC/DC, & Nugent still brighten my day now & then)

O.K................who hid my Geritol????[/quote']

Hmmm.

I see what you mean.

sentient_471498dcde4b1.gif

All I have to do is start a thread and see who gets their little panties in a bunch when I post brilliant artistic articulations and you push the "report abuse" button and then some admin-dude comes along and locks the thread out LOL! Believe me' date=' some of you are ROCK but others... I think you know who you are... WILL NEVER BE ROCK-N-ROLL!

So put down your guitar and walk away… Show Tunes are more your speed. GO tuck your junk in-between your legs, put on some high-heels and lipstick and press PLAY on your LIZA MINNELLI CD!

Now why don’t all you Sallies out there push that button… GO AHEAD! DO IT! EARN THOSE PANTIES!!! LOL!

[/quote']

[drool] ;) [drool]

Stew P'Daso

Stew Pedasso

Stew Pidasso

Stu Pidasso

Possibly, a new world record for being ChanBanned...

Welcome to anonymity. No more attention for you [lol]

My fellow forumites, though, continue to display a World Class sense of humor!

(Thanks for the Sunday Morning Grins!)

Frankly I think the thread concept is full of prune juice or the probable results thereof.

It's my observation that young "rockers" can be among the more brain-solidified folks - and I'm saying that as a former "young rocker."

I had problems then, as I do now, with folks who are brain solidified and prefer what they believe to be truth to what can be quantified and tested as truth.

Music styles aside, a more broad perspective can be pretty universal among those who have studied a bit of epistemology and logic - unpopular as it may be otherwise among some on a guitar forum.

Frankly I was - and in ways remain - rebellious to such a degree that I couldn't handle the brain-solidified perspective of the "rebel" groups any more than the "conservative" folks when either deny proofs contrary to their positions.

And I'll play the music I want to, when I want to. If I'm paid for it, that's cool. If not, that's cool too. But then I just plain like playing a lotta different kinds of music.

As a postscript, I'd note that some of the more broad-minded folks I've known have been pro classical or jazz musicians. Young rockers have a tendency to have a preconceived notion of lots of stuff that may or may not correspond to reality. That's also why this forum has, on occasions, had difficulty with commentary some folks don't agree with.

m

All I have to do is start a thread and see who gets their little panties in a bunch when I post brilliant artistic articulations and you push the "report abuse" button and then some admin-dude comes along and locks the thread out LOL! Believe me' date=' some of you are ROCK but others... I think you know who you are... WILL NEVER BE ROCK-N-ROLL!

So put down your guitar and walk away… Show Tunes are more your speed. GO tuck your junk in-between your legs, put on some high-heels and lipstick and press PLAY on your LIZA MINNELLI CD!

Now why don’t all you Sallies out there push that button… GO AHEAD! DO IT! EARN THOSE PANTIES!!! LOL!

[/quote']

Talk about the pot/kettle black analogies! Wow.......baby!

It was another great night in the recording studio… Laying down some final vocal tracks before mix down. I did read all the posts (some very funny, thank you) and it proves who rocks and who doesn’t… you know who you are, so put down that guitar and walk away… thank you and God bless you my fans. Thank you.

It was another great night in the recording studio… Laying down some final vocal tracks before mix down. I did read all the posts (some very funny' date=' thank you) and it proves who rocks and who doesn’t… you know who you are, so put down that guitar and walk away… thank you and God bless you my fans. Thank you.[/quote']

Stewpid is as stewpid does.

It was another great night in the recording studio… Laying down some final vocal tracks before mix down. I did read all the posts (some very funny' date=' thank you) and it proves who rocks and who doesn’t… you know who you are, so put down that guitar and walk away… thank you and God bless you my fans. Thank you.[/quote']

Ahh, we love you too buddy.

Been thinkin' about this...

There are different kinds of rock 'n' roll just as there are different kinds of classical music.

There are bloodboiling tunes and lyrics such as, in the pipes, carry on to battle; but by the same token, there are youthful tales and petitions for affection such as - in the vernacular of a given group - state truths in ways the songwriter knows might be taken appropriately by the petitioned.

There are the cries grown from primitive blues and there are themes and counterpoints from our classical past.

It is only one with little understanding of the history of music to suggest it has unique rhythms, because such have been found in various cultures for years.

Rock is a syncretic art.

Some artists will partake of one part, others may partake of many.

Unfortunately some are too cloistered within their own little rock subculture to understand or recognize others.

And they can stick it in their ear while the rest of us play our own thing our own way. If folks like, or don't like it, so be it.

m

Archived