Your amps

Silenced Fred

VOX:

AC30 cc2x

Nightrain

Pathfinder

VT50

Fender:

65' (?) Princeton (right now dead... don't know why)

Supersonic head.

Roland JC120 Jazz Chorus

A couple of peavey and randall heads and a tube randall combo (prety old, bought dead from a friend, it's working now).

A fender 400W bass head (the one that comes with a rackmounted tuner) and 2 cabs for it (cheap behringer cabs).

A fender bass combo.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both my amps suit my needs just fine.

The Fender Custom Shop Master Built Two-Tone is essentially the Blues Jr. 15 watts with a 10 and 12 inch speaker.

The Gibson GA-5 Les Paul Jr. has a specially designed eight inch speaker and two inputs. It's great for bedroom levels but when cranked up really sounds nice.

Snapshot2009-01-1508-34-06-1.jpg

Fender M-80 (solid state)

Ceriatone Overtone Special

The empty Fender cab will probably eventually hold a hand built amp similar to a Marshall 18 watt or silver jubilee

Port City Wave cab.

IMG_0321_0545_edited-1.jpg

Hand built amp - the proto type for Apostle Tone amps - Paul

IMG_1525_0495_edited-1.jpg

My baby: A Slivertone 1484 w/ matching 2x12 cab. Cab has Jensen "made in Chicago" blue label speakers

l_ec46f6a1ce9f87a872f1bee0947bc9f5.jpg

My backup is a Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue and for practice I have a Silvertone 1448 amp in case. Yes, they are all tube.

As RichCI says;

As long as we're posting pictures...

My 1979 MusicMan 2x12 RD Sixty-five.

Bought new ('ex-shop-demo' yet still ferociously expensive) in Jan 1980 and used pretty much daily ever since.

1153705449amp-1.jpg

My bro-in-law came over a couple of days ago and told me he had just gotten himself a DSL and 2 x 12" cab to go with it.

I just shook my head[-( (Stick with me Laaz,this is in no way directed at you mate).

This bloke is having trouble paying a family member who helped lay a floor for him on the cheap,not to mention his mortgage, yet has gotten himself a Behringer simulator thing with a mixer (I congratulated him on that too but told him he would've been better spending the money on a small tube practice amp like the Marshall C5/Vox Night Train etc.

Anyways,now he comes over and tells me he has paid $900 for the DSL head and who knows how much for the box...the bloke has no idea,seriously. I won't mention the Keeley Comp which is also snowballing into a Vox Wah/Delays...[biggrin]

I told him,again after congratulating him on his recent acquisition,that I thought it was wasted on him as there is no way that thing will EVER push any air. But it will look good.:-k

So,I take him downstairs to the Boneroom (as I call the shed/garage wannabe studio[laugh] )and watch him like a hawk as he plugs in one of my LP's into the C5.

He looks at me and says "Whoah! That sounds great Shaun. Shame it's only 5 watts though."

I go to the amp,pull out the jack from the headphone socket,plug it into the ext. socket,flick the switch,turn it up to 4 and tell him to give that a shot.

Reaction - [blink] "Holy sheeyit! What'd you do?"

I turned it up is all.

The purpose of this long winded spiel?

Do your homework and figure in your surroundings. Don't get something based on the power rating that says "earthquake inducing" or because it looks excellent dude.[wink]

Oh and listen to advice given. It just may save you some money and heartache down the track...

My Marshall 1923C 50W 2x12 combo. Sounds amazing, and only 500 made worldwide (and I reckon only 50 stayed in the UK).

The extn cab is a 1922 2x12 which I modded to take a Heritage and a Vintage (same as the combo) mirrored to form an 'X'. I put the casters on, and changed the feet on the 1923C to match up when stacked.

Hell, I even made my own speaker cable.

It's a sweet setup - lighter and more flexible than a half-stack but maybe less low end with it having smaller cabs.

I need to get a better picture of it....!

6a00e398cde5cd00010123dda56204860b-500pi

Archived