Gibson Brands Forums

What is your favorite Bourbon ?

gsxrrr

Me, I drink gallons of the ubiquitous Jack Daniels, just because you can get it anywhere, but when buying bottles of the golden nectar I try to find something more interesting. Over here that is a bit of a mission but I have found some beautys'. Wild turkey 101 proof is nice, Woodford reserve even better but the best I've found so far is Elijah Craig 18 year old single barrel. It's as smooth as silk and has a really well developed flavour. So Elijah gets my vote, whats yours?

I like JD as well, for mainly the same reasons - it's good and you can get it anywhere.* If you like Irish whiskey, a good inexpensive one is Bushmills. Generally speaking, while I appreciate good whiskey (bourbon or otherwise), I'll drink just about any damned thing.

* I was at a strip club where they once ran out of JD. wtf?

If I'm in the mood its either chilled Jack or

10063.jpg

I love this stuff straight

Jameson doesn't count it's Irish Whiskey (busted) not bourbon. Try again.

When I drank I could never get to like Whiskey, Brandy, Or Irish Whiskey

CW

Jack is good ole Tennessee sour mash whiskey. And my personal favorite.

Bourbon = Kentucky only.

Like the expert said and I think it is limited to Bourbon county in KY

Bourbon is an American whiskey, a type of distilled spirit, made primarily from corn and named for Bourbon County, Kentucky.

It is also aged in a charred oak barrel.

CW

Before I stopped drinking, I went on a quest to find the best Bourbon. Makers Mark and Woodford Reserve (the official bourbon of the Kentcky Derby) are hard to beat. Knob Creek and Jack Daniels are a little too bitter for my taste, and I liked Jim Beam as an everyday sipping whiskey.

For mixing I like Jim Beam' date=' for sippin' I like Makers Mark, But I much prefer a "Speyside" single malt scotch.[/quote']

Good taste, yoda.

Bourbon-wise I'll prefer Jim Beam (Maker's Mark isn't that freely available here - I've never even seen it in any bar...) but single malt whiskies are in a different league (IMHO).

My personal preference is for the Island Malts; Talisker, Laphroaig, Lagavullin.

I like the seaweed and iodine.

Not a big drinker, and it's whiskey - not bourbon - but this is a killer commercial.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnSIp76CvUI[/YOUTUBE]

Well, at 6:27 it's more like an info-mercial/mini-movie.

But it's good enough to get me to buy a few bottles.

They'll go in the liquor cabinet right next to the Crown Royal, tequila, rum and vodka.

For company....

Not a big drinker' date=' and it's whiskey - not bourbon - but this is a killer commercial.

[/quote']

UMMMMM no, they are all Whiskey....Bourbon is from Bourbon Co. Kentucky (Sour Mash); Scotch is Scottish (Highland, Lowland, Speyside, Islay, and Midland; malted, filtered through peat); Irish Whisky is Irish (no "e" in Whisky and not malted); Tennessee whiskey is from Tennessee (Sour Mash, charcoal filtered) etc.....

Also calling Johnnie Walker high quality.......well lets just say "The Kings Clothing".

I like JD as well' date=' for mainly the same reasons - it's good and you can get it anywhere.* If you like Irish whiskey, a good inexpensive one is Bushmills. Generally speaking, while I appreciate good whiskey (bourbon or otherwise), I'll drink just about any damned thing.

* I was at a strip club where they once ran out of JD. wtf?[/quote']

Agreed (as I take another sip).

Rich, you ever drink Blackbush? Same distillery but a hell of a lot stronger, I think they use different barrels or something. I only drink it in the dead of winter when it's below 30.

Archived