Gibson Brands Forums

Guilty (un)pleasure

MojoRedFoot

This started from the Eagles thread. What are those bands you don't like and everyone thinks you're crazy for not liking?

Me...I don't like Pink Floyd. A few people think I'm wierd because I don't like Rush. I know this is a horrible thing to say in a Gibson forum but I do not own anything by Led Zepplin. I like them but not enough to buy an album. I have a few songs on my computer.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't like The White Stripes. I am not familiar with anything else Jack White has done but from hearing his work in the White Stripes I don't get why some guitarists are in awe of him. There must be something I am missing.

same here, and i saw a gary moore interview once and he said that he thought jack white was one of the finest guitarest around at the moment :-

Led Zeppelin, yes a couple good songs but they dont really do much for me

The Eagles, one song maybe

Metallica (or any other metal group for that mattter)

Quite a few more.....

I don't like Kings of Leon. I'm not sure why everyone else does.

I don't either and they don't either, they filled the Nashville Arena, yes, FULL there was not an empty seat, I went and still do not get it.

They said, "we are surprised how full this place is"

I never got into Rush, aftyer hearing Tom Sawyer about 10,000 times I shut down.

The winner for me is the Dave Mathews Band, I cannot get to the knob on the radio fast enough to change the station when they come on.

I think his music is so busy, and I am a metal guy!!

I don't like The White Stripes. I am not familiar with anything else Jack White has done but from hearing his work in the White Stripes I don't get why some guitarists are in awe of him. There must be something I am missing.

as a HUGE white stripes fan, I can tell you this: it's a love hate relationship. People either like everything he does or they can't stand it. It's eccentric, and so full of energy. I dig it.

I can't get into satch, vai, or anyone else like em. That and screamo, metal, amd other weird stuff like that.

I'll respectfully disagree with you on that one Mojo! There is a lot of TERRIBLE rap/hip hop out there....I agree 100% on that...but there are some diamonds in that rough...

I likes me some good intelligent rap......fav hip hop album of all time is Deltron 3030....its just better. [biggrin] And Original!

I likes me some good intelligent rap......fav hip hop album of all time is Deltron 3030....its just better. [biggrin] And Original!

For true? NO sampling? No recycled obscure songs from 1970s or 80s? Surely you jest! Naw...I actually have some hip hop. Public Enemy - Fear of a Black Planet. That's it.

I totally can not stand the hair band music of the 80s. It seems they were out more for the image than the music.

I can listen to most types of music as long as it doesn't feed into hatred, politics, and religion. However there is one genre I can not stomach is C/W. If you ask me why, I cannot give you an intelligent answer, I just don't like the twang.

Archived