Gibson Brands Forums

Do you think its stupid to stop buying gibson's becuase of this forum?

dem00n

Just wondering what you guys think.

"Certain" members are going to stop buying gibsons because of a guitar forum.

I think thats just plain stupid.

But who am i to judge? [-(

I never thought I'd end up saying this...but dem00n' date= you are wise beyond your years.[cool]

Well, guess I don't qualify...I have a New One, on order....'50's Inspired Gold-Top Studio LP,

and I have two more Gibson's, that are on my "Bucket List!" '61 SG Historic w/Maestro,

and a ES-345! IF....I ever actually manage to acquire those last two, is anyone's guess,

at this point, but...they are 2, that I'd dearly love to own.

Gibson may have it's problems, but....what company doesn't....if you look hard enough.

Ultimately, it's up to us, to decide if we want to purchase any more Gibson's or not...regardless

of price, their "problems," or "The Forum!" ;>b

CB

Well' date=' guess I don't qualify...I have a New One, on order....'50's Inspired Gold-Top Studio LP,

and I have two more Gibson's, that are on my "Bucket List!" '61 SG Historic w/Maestro,

and a ES-345! IF....I ever actually manage to acquire those last two, is anyone's guess,

at this point, but...they are 2, that I'd dearly love to own.

Gibson may have it's problems, but....what company doesn't....if you look hard enough.

Ultimately, it's up to us, to decide if we want to purchase any more Gibson's or not...regardless

of price, their "problems," or "The Forum!" ;>b

CB[/quote']

Heyy!!

Our lists have the same stuff!!!!

Though mine is a tad longer because I only have one Gibson

Just wondering what you guys think.

"Certain" members are going to stop buying gibsons because of a guitar forum.

I think thats just plain stupid.

But who am i to judge? [blink]

You make a good point...:-$

Speaking for me only, I've purchased Gibsons/Charvels/Mosers/Kramers/Washburns long before there were forums, and will do so long after.

Speaking for me only' date=' I've purchased Gibsons/Charvels/Mosers/Kramers/Washburns long before there were forums, and will do so long after.[/quote']

It warms my heart to know that I'm not the only ex-hairband dude here. headbanger.gif

Speaking for me only' date=' I've purchased Gibsons/Charvels/Mosers/Kramers/Washburns long before there were forums, and will do so long after.[/quote']

Well, providing they can deliver them! ;>) With Gibson's situation, that's going to be awhile! ;>(

CB

Well' date=' providing they can deliver them! ;>) With Gibson's situation, that's going to be awhile! ;>(

CB[/quote']

I never recieved my BH Sig LP[crying] .............. But I parlayed the moneys into PA upgrades[biggrin]

Living in the boonies...

I'd not buy anything that I'd not played.

Frankly there's something about most Gibson necks that I like, regardless of what's on the headstock. Some other brands frankly I don't care for even though I will be the first to say they have a good reputation.

If anything, given the flood, people killed, out of work, lost homes and "everything," I think Gibson Nashville deserves support for the employees' sake if nothing else. Nashville is an astounding city with a nice population of folks who work hard and a cupla leaches (yeah, I've traveled through there), but it's had horrid things happen with that flood.

Gibson is not a perfect company, but I still think the Gibson guitar designs are top end and most of the time so are the individual instruments. When the individual instruments aren't, I wonder what percentage aren't because of people after the piece leaves the factory. I've seen more screwed up guitars "set up" by people who know even less about it than I do - and who then blame the manufacturer.

m

Archived