Gibson Brands Forums

Dream a little

deepblue

If you were allowed to take home for 1 year, any vintage Gibson, whos would it be?

ie..Jimmy Pages #1? Youd be driven to Jimmys estate, hed greet you at the door and hand

you the case....papers would need to be signed of course, but it would be yours to play for one

full year....can you imagine?

Myself, id pick the Peter green '59. They say its one of the most gigged Les Pauls in history

and to some, its the holiest of holy grails. I love the look, the sound...everything about her.

Thoughts?

Wow...there are so many' date=' that would be fun to do that, with.

But, being a "Beatles" nut, I'd say George Harrison's (Ed Sullivan)

Gretsch Country Gentleman! It was the one, that "started it all,"

for Me! ;>)

CB[/quote']

Its gota be a gibson man! [biggrin]

For me it's gonna be one of Lifeson's Gibsons' date=' either the ES-335 he started out with, the '74 Les Paul he used on [u']2112[/u], or the awesome custom white ES-355.

The fella that does work for me on my guitars worked on Lifesons 355. He told me it was a sweet guitar.

Complete restoration was commisioned by Alex,

including the repair of a large hole that was cut for a Kahlar bridge.

Refinished to original showroom state.

Centerspread in March 1996 issue of Guitar World magazine.

heres his site...

http://www.freddysfrets.com/

The fella that does work for me on my guitars worked on Lifesons 355. He told me it was a sweet guitar.

Complete restoration was commisioned by Alex' date='

including the repair of a large hole that was cut for a Kahlar bridge.

Refinished to original showroom state.

Centerspread in March 1996 issue of Guitar World magazine.

heres his site...

http://www.freddysfrets.com/

[/quote']

Awesome!

Is he a nice guy? If I'm ever out in Ontario I might want to chat him up a bit, take my axe in for a setup, so on and so forth...

Awesome!

Is he a nice guy? If I'm ever out in Ontario I might want to chat him up a bit' date=' take my axe in for a setup, so on and so forth...[/quote']

Freds a cool guy. Lots of stories. You should call to make an appointment before you go.

If you were allowed to take home for 1 year' date=' any vintage Gibson, whos would it be?

ie..Jimmy Pages #1? Youd be driven to Jimmys estate, hed greet you at the door and hand

you the case....papers would need to be signed of course, but it would be yours to play for one

full year....can you imagine?

Myself, id pick the Peter green '59. They say its one of the most gigged Les Pauls in history

and to some, its the holiest of holy grails. I love the look, the sound...everything about her.

Thoughts?[/quote']

I wouldn't want it for myself to play. Any "magic" or "mojo" on the famous vintage guitar is there due to someone else.

Now, same scenario but instead of me getting the guitar, I get a private sitting room jam with Jimmy Page playing his #1 or Tony Iommi playing his old JD - THAT would be a priceless moment in my life.

None

why would I want to borrow somebody else's guitar for a year. I'll take one I can keep a year is just about enough time to really bond with a guitar and really learn all it's secrets and then I'd have to give it back - No Thanks!

I'm gonna agree w/ surfer here. I wouldn't wanna borrow one from James Hetfield or any other person. I only wanna play guitars that are you know, mine.

I wouldn't want it for myself to play. Any "magic" or "mojo" on the famous vintage guitar is there due to someone else.

Now, same scenario but instead of me getting the guitar, I get a private sitting room jam with Jimmy Page playing his #1 or Tony Iommi playing his old JD - THAT would be a priceless moment in my life.

Did anyone else feel the joy being sucked out of this thread?

Did anyone else feel the joy being sucked out of this thread?

Yea..I was thinking the same thing. Bah humbug #-o

I'm not even a bass player' date=' but I would probably take Paul McCartneys Hoffner [cool

Archived