Gibson Brands Forums

Hello from Gibson's Editor of Social Media

jimmiJAMM

Interesting points.

But I'll admit since joining the Gibby and Epi forums 1.75 years ago' date=' I have purchased two used Epiphones, and four new Gibson guitars..... It makes me wonder if I would have made those acquisitions if I hadn't been part of all this madness here[biggrin']

So if this is Gibson's intention to provoke sales through their forums, well it certainly has worked on yours truly... despite all the abuse[biggrin]

Right but Forum's are typically not part of the social media strategy...I.E. Forums have been around for years...i'm talking specifically the social networking sites that are out there like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Linked In etc...these are all pretty new in the grand scheme of things but have HUGE traffic.

I'm interested in understanding the intention and goals for such a department...often referred to as "New Media"...i'm sure there are some studies being done as we speak...I would never sign up for a Twitter feed from my fav brands for example...it just doesn't interest me whatsoever...that said, I don't do Twitter so maybe thats irrelevant. I do have Facebook though and I don't think I have "Liked" any guitar mfg's....and I wonder if I did, would I see content being updated often (good content)?

Interesting for sure...like I said...I don't know if it creates more sales or fans or whatever....it might....but I think it could be too early to tell.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right but Forum's are typically not part of the social media strategy...I.E. Forums have been around for years...i'm talking specifically the social networking sites that are out there like Facebook' date=' MySpace, Twitter, Linked In etc...these are all pretty new in the grand scheme of things but have HUGE traffic.

I'm interested in understanding the intention and goals for such a department...often referred to as "New Media"...i'm sure there are some studies being done as we speak...I would never sign up for a Twitter feed from my fav brands for example...it just doesn't interest me whatsoever...that said, I don't do Twitter so maybe thats irrelevant. I do have Facebook though and I don't think I have "Liked" any guitar mfg's....and I wonder if I did, would I see content being updated often (good content)?

Interesting for sure...like I said...I don't know if it creates more sales or fans or whatever....it might....but I think it could be too early to tell.

[/quote']

Our company went through the same thought process a few years ago, in regards to a "media reach out" to end users. It's definitely an open ended subject matter for us, because we just don't know where to begin in how to represent our products through a chat forum medium.

As for twitter, my space and facebook, I've just never been able to grasp the concept.... It just seems so impersonal when it comes to musical instruments, especially for a brand loyal type of individual like myself.

But in the overall picture, I think I agree with your statement that it "could be too early tell" how forums of these type tip the scales in terms of products purchased.

I've bought a few guitars in the last 2 years. And i didn't get an email . but i'm tapped out for a while. that's what my wife keeps telling me . lol !!!!!

My Gear :-)

‘10 LP R0 50th Anniversary Version 3 1/500 (Cherry Burst)

‘09 LP R9 50th Anniversary (Heritage Dark Burst) 1/500, Bought 4-2010 new

‘10 PRS 25th Anniversary Santana Model ,10Top / Santana Yellow

‘09 LP R9 50th. Anniversary 1 of 59 (Rust Burst)

‘09 LP R0 Standard Ebony VOS

‘09 “Wildwood” CS - 356 Quilted maple & Korina

‘05 Les Paul Standard Faded T.B.

‘08 50th comm.edition, G.O.M. Flying V

‘08 July G.O.M. Longhorn Double Cut BV (Trans Blue)

‘08 Firebird VII (metallic red)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (black / rosewood neck)(Fat‘50’s pups)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (natural / maple neck)

1999 MIM Fender Stratocaster ’70’s reissue (white / maple neck)(‘69 pups)

1987 Japan Squier by Fender, Stratocaster (white / maple neck)

1986 Ovation Model # 1767-Legend

‘08 Marshall JVM 210H - 1960 AX Cabinet

‘10 Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

And some pedals

Seriously though? You guys are upset because you own Gibson's and didn't get an email from Sean? I'm sure you have bigger problems to worry about...

I'm not upset. At all.

Don't have any problems either.

One would think that with a history of 2500 (recently reached) posts of nothing of particular value, I'd deserve a "Hi, Howdy doo!" from the new mod...

I'm feeling spurned. [biggrin]

New here eh? (Fresh meat)

Come here boy... let me tell you how thing are run here..... [sneaky]

I didn't get one either and I been here since day one' date=' never been suspended.... I have had 2 or 3 useful posts out of some 4633 odd posts....[biggrin] I guess I'm considered a forgenior...[blink']

Dave I go way way back well at least two days and I did not

receive one either.

Archived