Gibson Brands Forums

Next Guitar?

The Breeze

I can get both of those for about 500 total. I figure a Blackheart amp' date=' and I'm under 1000 with mods to the guitars. [b']I'm looking for biggest bang for my buck here[/b]

Understood completely--it's just that there was just that poll that you posted on Tuesday, my assumption was that you were going for a 339 soon. The Sheraton and the MIM Tele are great ideas.

DAS44 & rocketman' date=' what's with the negativity? I'm a man of my word, I don't have this "GAS" thing that you guys may have, and my purchase plan is well thought out and spreads the guitars I want over a several year period.[/quote']

No negativity at all. The fact is that we live vicariously through you so we don't want you to stop!!

For Gibsons' date=' that's what I'm looking for, a 339, then an R9[/quote']

and long term, an American Vintage 52 Thin Skin Tele and maybe a Eric Clapton 'Blackie' finish strat.....and other Gibsons.

my next guitar idea has changed. originally I wanted to buy a Les Paul, but Im not the biggest fan of the smaller body shape (on me) which is why I settled on a ES 335. So my next guitar dream went from a Black Beauty LP to either a Trussart SteelCaster or a customized ES 355

DAS44 & rocketman' date=' what's with the negativity? I'm a man of my word, I don't have this "GAS" thing that you guys may have, and my purchase plan is well thought out and spreads the guitars I want over a several year period.[/quote']

[biggrin]

The answer to this has changed regularly for years now, and still no "next" guitar. But, combine my current single-coil itch with a low budget for toys, plus the "bad" influence of some of you guys, and an interest in doing some woodworking... and I think it will be a kit-built Tele.

I see an SG, American standard Strat, a hollow body (not sure which) and a 12 string acoustic. Won't be for a while though. I've spent what is for me quite a bit of cash this past year. I figure if I can budget a couple of thousand a year, I'll have everything I want in the next 5 years or so. No great rush, I really love what I have now.

Dave

Archived