Gibson Brands Forums

Suggestion for forums...

Silenced Fred

You know, seeing the Gibson Forum, the new Henry J Forum, and stuff like that, with all of the information they require, don't you think they could throw on a 4th grade spelling/grammar test? Seeing some of these posts are a joke! They make Curtis seem like a rocket scientist :-

Just sayin'

PS, I guess you could say I'm in a pissy mood, I've had a bad day. Sorry for this

I don't get too uptight about spelling/grammar/internet shortcuts like "ur" instead of "your" but I do have to wonder if the folks who mangle the language would manage a Google search if they could at least spell correctly.

See, there you are misspelling things. It's not ipad, it's ipod. Mine's a 2 gigabyte. The guy who sold it to me said it's state of the art.

And all this talk about Windows 7. Cripes, my old computer was way up to Windows 98! That's like 91 better!

You do realize English isn't everyone's first language' date=' yes?

Having said that, their acutal are thsoe then dont speach englich vry wel an it's is there natif tung, than.

[/quote']

Yeah, not all of us are fortunate enough to be able to find information or interact with a lot of people online in our first languages, so we do what we can with English. I'm sure we're all terribly sorry if that offends anyone.

Does anyone else care that the plural of 'Forum' is 'Fora'?

'Forums' is mildly irritating.

Really?

Thats interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

So.....it shouldn't be the Gibson Forums, it should be the Gibson Fora?

They should fix their webpage.

You do realize English isn't everyone's first language' date=' yes?

Having said that, their acutal are thsoe then dont speach englich vry wel an it's is there natif tung, than.

[/quote']

More reason for some members to be ashamed, most of the non US/UK members here write way better than some of the US members.

Why dont you stop *****in about with everyone else's spelling!

It's not the spelling, its the wht knd of geebsin ees thees i kno sum pepl hve thum bt i rly rly wnt won bt cnt affrd a geebsin. pls hlp meeeeee i need won soooo bad.

That is what pisses me off, and not the foreigners, most apologize for bad grammar, but its perfect.

Archived