Gibson Brands Forums

What music are you listening to?

Riffster

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These last two weeks have been all Symphony X, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, and Pearl Jam.

I have been youtube-ing some Randy Rhoads era Ozzy (Randy is my "Guitar Hero") and some Zakk Wylde covers for laughs. Did you ever hear Zakk's version of Elton John's "Candle in The Wind"... hilarious!

These last two weeks have been all Symphony X' date=' Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, and Pearl Jam.

I have been youtube-ing some Randy Rhoads era Ozzy (Randy is my "Guitar Hero") and some Zakk Wylde covers for laughs. Did you ever hear Zakk's version of Elton John's "Candle in The Wind"... hilarious! [/quote']

Sadly yes... and while he is one of my favorite guitar players, I think he should consider staying away from covers...

Cocksparrer

Stiff Little Fingers

Joy Division

Dead Kennedys

The Exploding Hearts

Social Distortion

Misfits

The Quakes

The Meteors

The Peacocks

Fugazi

The Smiths

Black Flag

The Buzzcocks

The Replacements

The Ramones

That is just what is currently on my iPod.

Personally, I don't listen to specific albums or songs...I especially hate greatest hits CDs.

I listen to the band. So, from the bands I'm going to mention, I listen to and own pretty much every CD of theirs.

RATM, Tool, Chevelle, Deftones, Pearl Jam, STP, Zep, Sabbath, AC DC, G N' R, Rise Against, Metallica, Nirvana, 3rd Strike,

Aerosmith, Bedouin Soundclash, Bob Marley, Doors, Hip, Godsmack, Megadeath, Korn, Alexisonfire, Iron Maiden, Idle Sons, Audioslave, Foo Fighters, Breaking Benjamin, Ramones, Hendrix...

...there's more, but you get the idea.

I personally like a lot of differant stuff -

Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam, STP,Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Nirvana, Aerosmith, Doors, Godsmack, Cream, CCR, Foo Fighters, Ramones, Beatles, Moody Blues, SRV, Chuck Berry, BB King, Van Halen, Blue Oyster Cult, Bo Didley, Eagles, Dwight Yoakam ...

lets see if i can keep this short

Areosmith, ACDC, Albert King

Badlands

CCR, Cream

Def Lepard, Daughtry

Steve Earl, Eddie Cochrane

Forigener, Foghat, Fleetwood Mac

Guns n Roses, Green Day

Iron Madien

Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix

Kiss

Led Zeppelin, Skynyrd, Larry Calton, Lita Ford (=P~ )

Motley Crue, Molly Hatchet, My Chemical Romance

Ozzy

Peter Frampton, Paul Butterfeild, Poisen

Queen

Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, Scorpions

Ted Nugent

Whitesnake, WASP, Warrant

Yes, Yellowcard

ZZ Top

I normally set my ipod on shuffle let it play all day, but when Im at home and on the computer I tend to listen to....

CCR

Everything by Hendrix, and Clapton

Rush

Jefferson Airplane

Elliott Smith

The Rolling Stones

The Who

Strawberry Alarm Clock

The Doors

just a tiny bit of Mazzy Star

The O'Jays

The Velvet Underground

Marvin Gaye

Awesome thread by the way. I got a bunch of ideas of bands to check out - thanks guys!

So likewise I'll try to suggest a few that not everyone has probably heard about and can check out...

A couple people mentioned The Tragically Hip already. Absolutely awesome band. The earlier stuff is the best IMHO great songwriting and very guitar oriented. Canadian band.

Gov't Mule (had to mention it) and anything Warren Haynes participates in

Galactic (hard to categorize)

Chris colepaugh and the cosmic crew (awesome heavy blues)

Grady (heavy texas blues, Warren Haynes helped produce their first album)

Big Sugar (heavy reggae influenced rock)

Blue Rodeo (country rock but very tolerable for a guy who doesnt like country music - awesome songwriting)

Hope you like em all!

Sadly yes... and while he is one of my favorite guitar players' date=' I think he should consider staying away from covers... [/quote']

Let's not forget Ozzy did a cover of Stayin Alive in the 90's. Did Zakk play on that also?

Archived