davidl

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never part with?

Epaphrodite:

FT145SBfullsize.jpg

My first love.

When they bury me, I'll have someone play a tune like Milod's suggestion, then have the player

bash her over my head stone and toss the shards in after me.

DavidL - Still enjoying this thread.

Thanks to all those who posted up snaps of their cherished one . . . or two. B)

Thanks Big guy.

It does have legs doesn't it.

I just figured that if I had one in particular with sentimental value, others might as well.

It really wasn't a fair question though. I really don't want to part with any. If I have my way, I'll keep every guitar I ever buy.

When I kick the bucket, I just hope the guitars go to good homes. Maybe one can come with me for the ride.

Dave

I have had many guitars before, mainly my favourite guitar brand was Jackson... Nowdays I have three guitars and a some time ago I got my first Gibson (Explorer). It was so perfect for me so I decided to sell my two other guitars to have one Explorer more. [cool]

<chortle>

Twiz....

You suggesting this gray-haired guy is perhaps a bit "metal?"

<chortle - for real, really out loud!>

m

Haha. Sure, why not? Anybody can be metal if they want.

**Plays air guitar, throws the horns**

Cheers.

I have one more that I won't ever part with (until rigor mortise and a second person to pry the fingahs): This thing has an unusual bound fender neck and WLS satin finish. I cannot begin to sing the accolades for this bad boy. All my Fender songs will be played on it. This and my Gibbies are my armory. say no more.

DSCN0378.jpg

Though i probably use this guitar the least it means the most because it was the first one my girlfriend bought me, we've been together for 2 years and this was her anniversary present to me after one year, an Ibanez af 105 hollowbody. People always compliment me on the beauty of the instrument and i once took a few pictures of my daughter holding/playing it. The curtains were down because of remodeling sorry about the mess lol..

Btw, she is the only person i would allow near it ;)

Picture127.jpg

long.jpg

Quilted.jpg

100_0435.jpg

Archived