The brown truck pulled up about 15 minutes ago

crust

tvyellow001.jpg

tvyellow004.jpg

tvyellow005.jpg

What a nice guitar.

tvyellowbody.jpg

All I had to do was slightly tune it up [smile]

Kids say I should get a Gibson. I say "why" ? The wood grain is just barely visible (not a thick poly "banana" finish). I plugged it into my Fender Mustang II amp. I am in love (again).

More pic's and clips to follow. (I have to play now)

Thank you Epiphone for making such a nice, affordable Les Paul guitar. Maybe I'll get a "Gibby" for my 60th (thats 3 years away, gives me time to save).

In the mean time, time to rock :)

I live in Brockton, Massachusetts. That's my 'hood (google it and you will see what I mean) [biggrin]

OK, it sounds,looks, and plays fantastic. I plan on doing a few "beats" in FL9 with my youngest kids friend "Big T" and my son, his friends and a few other of his "boys". Big T has been using "Fruity Loops" (now called FL9) to make rap and hip hop beats for about 10 years, My youngest son, about 3. I'm going to ask them to lay down a few tracks (he can make rock beats too) and play or have him insert some guitar samples (as well as some other instruments/toys/lyrics). Give me a few days and I'll put our musical "creation" up here. As for now, ya, I love my Epis and will probably record something using all 4 of the ones I presently own.

yellowepipics002.jpg

yellowepipics001.jpg

Previous Epiphones I had the pleasure to own (might buy again some day)

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

Headstock of LP "Special II" (notice no printing on headstock, just the Epiphone inlay.

Picture7.jpg

It was a cool guitar. In fact, they are all great guitars. Thank you Epiphone for making great guitars at reasonable prices. Gibson makes some of the worlds finest instruments. I think Epiphone does too =D>

HNGD. I love the "TV Yellow" finish. Did you happen to luck out and get yours while it was on sale?

Yes, $249.00. I see they are now $379.00 (or something like that) LOL. I got a case too (see my case thread)

How do those P90s sound?

You tell me, Here is the first recording I did with this guitar using the Fender Mustang II and the "Fuse" amp simulator software through the amps USB out as a recording amp device and choosing the '57 Deluxe amp with no delay, reverberation and modulation. Please forgive me, I am not an accomplished musician. I just like to play guitar. Try to extrapolate the sound I make to the sounds you might make with your own playing style. I played this little blues jam without a pic, mostly fingertips. It has a very raw sound. I will try it with more effects and gain later. I just wanted to see what it was like playing it plain. I think it plays and sounds great. I set the amps master and gain control knobs at "5" (half way up) and the guitar all the way up.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9981012

What do you think ? I think the playability of this guitar is suburb. The neck is wide and thin, need to try some open chord slide on this, so much to do actually. I will post my friends "grand creation" when complete. Until then, please listen to and comment.

Thanks

Crust

Hey Crusty, sounds pretty good.

I was looking at your collection, and I have 3 of the same 4 guitars you have in this post (sans SG), plus I have a sunburst Emperor like your departed nat one.

yellowepipics002.jpg

And I lived in Boston for 30 years and have even driven through Brockton a few times.

I need to check my birth certificate, we may have been twins separated at birth.

Do you have a mole on your....oh nevermind....

Hey Crusty, sounds pretty good.

I was looking at your collection, and I have 3 of the same 4 guitars you have in this post (sans SG), plus I have a sunburst Emperor like your departed nat one.

yellowepipics002.jpg

And I lived in Boston for 30 years and have even driven through Brockton a few times.

I need to check my birth certificate, we may have been twins separated at birth.

Do you have a mole on your....oh nevermind....

I dig Epiphone guitars a lot more than Gibson and Fender. I think they are more of a "players" and less of a "corksniffer gear snob" guitar. If you are a player, you can make an Epi sing just as sweetly as any Gibson (or for that matter, any guitar).

Once again, congrats on the new 'family' member..The T.V. yellow looks darker than Gibson T.V. yellow, which makes sense..Both the LP SC in tv and the Riviera are on my 'need' list..I ' re-discovered' P-90s last year..oh boy, what a tone treat. I've never owned a bigsby trem; a recent thread was about them..I'm using one on a custom home build...Good looking trems; old school...I had a band practice place in Brockton way back when..Boston, Lynn, Brockton, Charlestown, all mentioned in the same thread; memories. Hmmm...Neat little recording Crust. The p-90 tone sings like p-90s do..Thanks for sharing...It is VERY refreshing that ALL of the Epi forum guys love and praise their Epis and Epiphone as a company....Carry on, my Epi friends !!!

Something about that LP you got... The pickups seem to be very far apart.

Oddly enough, the pole screws are closer together.

Your comment made me curious, so I measured mine. The pole screws on my standard (with humbuckers) are about 4-3/4" apart.

On my special (with P90s) the pole screws are 4-3/8" apart.

I think it is an illusion caused by the difference between the size of humbuckers as opposed to the size of the P90s.

By the way...

Crust,

Big Congrats on the new acquisition!

Willy

Oddly enough, the pole screws are closer together.

Your comment made me curious, so I measured mine. The pole screws on my standard (with humbuckers) are about 4-3/4" apart.

On my special (with P90s) the pole screws are 4-3/8" apart.

I think it is an illusion caused by the difference between the size of humbuckers as opposed to the size of the P90s.

By the way...

Crust,

Big Congrats on the new acquisition!

Willy

Thank you all for the kind reply's. It's going to be a fun winter at my place. Here is a pic of my non- Epiphone guitars (sorry Epiphone). I will be getting a replacement for the "Broadway" (I sold that to an aspiring Berklee student, a friend of my youngest sons. When he saw that guitar, and I heard him play it, it was a perfect combination. He is a jazz guitarist, played in the school jazz band with my son, who plays alto and baritone sax)

I'll post more "tunes" later on this, or next week. You might like them (My youngest son friend will do the back beat in FL9). If you like hip-hop, stay tuned please B)

Here's the (electric) guitars

otherelect.jpg

Archived