Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Holidays to all

Tman

It's been quite a year. Got married and started gigging again after 18 years and plunging full fledged into GASdom. Part of what's made it great has been this forum. Thanks for all of the knowledge, the ah-ha moments, the sarcasm and the genuine camaraderie and altruism shown to all, even new-comers.

Here's a photo of my family - My son, My wife as of September, my daughter and me - I think someone was flashing us over to my right, probably why I was looking over that way. Feel free to take this thread wherever it may go! Feel free to post your own "holiday card - The Lazy man's way"

Happy Holidays everyone - PC, I'm half Catholic and half Jewish. I'll say Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah too!

DSC_0218.jpg

Sorry...

<grin> I thought they both were your daughters. <chortle>

Man, you don't need a Christmas present. And you can tell your wife I said so.

But have a wonderful set of holidays however you choose to celebrate.

BTW, I have a lady friend who was born and raised in an Orthodox Jewish family but now is a practicing Episcopalian. Who'd guess. <grin> She put on a seder meal in the church here last year, btw, so I "shot" her.

m

Merry Christmas and congratulations on the marriage!

So uh...

What's the status on your daughter? [tongue]

Thanks guys for all the positive comments!

She is single and hasn't made the best decisions with men. If you're a guitarist and have a job I'll arrange an introduction!

Happy holidays, Tman.

And I hope you don't mind me saying this, but your wife is über foxy. I'm married too and not a homewrecker so this comment is safe.

I think she is too! Honestly people call us John and Yoko. [cool]

Thanks for all the holiday wishes. My wife's parents are missionaries living in the Ukraine and came to visit very rainy Southern California this weekend to celebrate Christmas with us.

Milod what you said reminds me of what must surely must have happened when my Brooklyn Jewish Dad met my French Mom (by law catholic) and it comes from the Marc Cohen song Walking in Memphis_ "She said brother are you a Christian? and I said, Ma'am I am tonight!"

I'll never forget listening in to a college girlfriend calling her father many, many years ago. <grin>

"No, Daddy, he's not Jewish. Yes, Daddy, he's a nice boy."

<chortle>

A lovely girl, she was, in every way that counted at the time. And a heck of a bridge player. Not much of a guitar player, though, which means she probably ended up with a lot more of a bank account than I'd ever have. OTOH, I have a hunch we were likely among the 1 percent of students at that school who weren't super left wingers. I don't mean "Democrats," either. The average Democrat of the day considered most of the kids there as "left wingers" too. <chuckle> 'Twas a different era.

The politics aside... you'd not believe all the pickers and pickin' going on. "The Pill" had only recently been invented and it was a lot safer than some other activities. Heck, in those days they even locked the girls up in their dorms at night - then we guys would head somewhere to do some pickin', grinnin' and fibbing. Ah, the days... Laundromats had great acoustics for playing acoustic, btw.

Tman... I'm glad you added a bit of description of your wife. I still thought all three of the younger folks were your kids and you were just teasing about one being your wife. Hmmmm. Cradle robber. <chortle>

m

Talking about marriage and stuff reminded me of a 14-liner from the immoral bard...

m

Let me not to the marriage of true minds

Admit impediments. Love is not love

Which alters when it alteration finds,

Or bends with the remover to remove:

O no! it is an ever-fixed mark

That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

It is the star to every wandering bark,

Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.

Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks

Within his bending sickle's compass come:

Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,

But bears it out even to the edge of doom.

If this be error and upon me proved,

I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

Archived