Gibson Brands Forums

Starting the New Year...Engaged!

FirstMeasure

Yep, I ended the old year by asking my Lady (who is also the singer of our band) to Marry Me right there on stage during the second set. She said yes so there you have it. [biggrin]

CONGRATZ!!! I hope your love is "amplified" through the ages!

I wish you both all the best, although I'll guarantee that over the next 50 years (you're still young <grin>), there will be tough times.

Just a thought for you both; you put new strings on a guitar every now and then to keep her singing nicely. People are kinda like guitars and take a little care and updating, too.

BTW, I think that's awfully neat to pop the question on stage. Was she kinda expecting it?

m

I saw a clip somewhere where it was national tv, and she said "can we talk about this later?" And the guy was pretty embarrassed, and told her she should have said "yes", and then talk to him later and not to make him look bad on live tv... Pretty awkward scene....

Anyway FM, congrats and hope her answer wasn't part of the act [smile]

Congrats - Glad she said yes if not than your show and your year wold have tanked all in a single moment.

Marriage is pretty great if you get the right woman. Of course it can also be like the lowest levels of hell if you get the wrong woman so best of luck and I hope you married a good friend, because honestly that's what really lasts.

I saw a clip somewhere where it was national tv, and she said "can we talk about this later?" And the guy was pretty embarrassed, and told her she should have said "yes", and then talk to him later and not to make him look bad on live tv... Pretty awkward scene....

That's a sign I hope he got

Anyway, congrats FM! Good job making the proposal a memorable event!

Thanks everyone. Sorry it took so long to get back to my Thread but I was Celebrating last night!

I wish you both all the best, although I'll guarantee that over the next 50 years (you're still young <grin>), there will be tough times.

Just a thought for you both; you put new strings on a guitar every now and then to keep her singing nicely. People are kinda like guitars and take a little care and updating, too.

BTW, I think that's awfully neat to pop the question on stage. Was she kinda expecting it?

m

Thanks Milo! For the wishes and the Advice. And yeah, she was expecting it a little. We had been disscussing taking the plunge for a while so we were on the same page.

Incredible.

Will we see it on Youtube?

Congratulations Firstmeasure. You the man. [thumbup]

You might be seeing it on Youtube, I noticed a couple of cameras rolling in the audience, and I made sure a lot of friends and family were there. So it could be there now as far as I know.

Hey! Welcome to the club my friend, best decision you'll ever make, I promise [thumbup]

Thanks Owl, it feels so right!!

On the stage, you cheeseball! Oh well, at least you didn't ask via jumbo-tron at the Knicks game.

You know it. If i wasn't ina Band it would have been on the Jumbo Tron [thumbup]

Though had she said no, your blues licks would have been extra genuine for the rest of the gig! #-o

I considered that, If she said no It was going to be "Thing That I Used to Do", but since she said yes I played "Pride-n-Joy" to her.

Thanks again for all your blessings.

Archived