Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall Class 5

Silenced Fred

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/squawk-box/123122-new-marshall-class-5-head.html

Seriously, this is a hilarious read. If you don't feel like going through 6 pages however, I'll condense the best parts:

First, before the head comes out, everyone complains that its only a combo. Then the head comes out and the fun begins.

Then they complain it doesn't have a master volume, that continues for a while.

Then they complain that with a master volume, it needs a switch so you can bypass the master volume when you want to.

And here's where it gets the best

They complain that Marshall didn't install the electronic attenuation they put on the AFD model AND they want it to be cheaper than the Jet City amp, otherwise, screw Marshall, they are trying to rip us off [lol]

I seriously almost died

Or forget that price dictates a lot of the features.

Yeah, but its a big corporation and they are just trying to screw us [lol]

Seriously, it seems like an awesome amp, it really does. And it even has a lower wattage switch, which addressed the issue people had with the combo!

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/squawk-box/123122-new-marshall-class-5-head.html

Seriously, this is a hilarious read. If you don't feel like going through 6 pages however, I'll condense the best parts:

First, before the head comes out, everyone complains that its only a combo. Then the head comes out and the fun begins.

Then they complain it doesn't have a master volume, that continues for a while.

Then they complain that with a master volume, it needs a switch so you can bypass the master volume when you want to.

And here's where it gets the best

They complain that Marshall didn't install the electronic attenuation they put on the AFD model AND they want it to be cheaper than the Jet City amp, otherwise, screw Marshall, they are trying to rip us off [lol]

I seriously almost died

Wow Marshall will never win when it comes to pleasing customers even though they do everything their customers want :/

Thanks for condensing it btw, i would never have gone through 6 pages as I don have the time. Im currently pretending to revise [thumbup]

I've never even visited the MLP forum because of the negative vibe i'm always reading that they carry there...

Class 5 head huh ?? good on Marshall !! I'll have to have one of those........I just love building low watt tonebeasts from "odds-n-sods".

my current fave rig:

GarysCam105.jpg

maybe i'll scavenge my old Univox cab(under the Fender cab) and pair the Class 5 head with a 2x10" cab I build from that?

The Class 5 is the best thing that Marshall has done in the past twenty years and is the only one I have ever pined for. I'll say it again: It's a 5 watt amp. For ****'s sake, it does not need a master volume or bypass switch. They're asking for texting and GPS on a rotary phone.

O.K. If they didn't need a master volume, then why did they put in a master volume cut switch?

Answer. Because they thought the snobs wouldn't know that it's really a master volume.

After I played with a guy with a Super Reverb for awhile I got over the non master thing.

The Class 5 is the best thing that Marshall has done in the past twenty years and is the only one I have ever pined for. I'll say it again: It's a 5 watt amp. For ****'s sake, it does not need a master volume or bypass switch. They're asking for texting and GPS on a rotary phone.

+1 !!

I got one of them (in green) 2 weeks ago at cost ($300), had a little ding in the tolex at the back.

For this price I could not go wrong. After breaking in the speaker I am very pleased with

the tone. Of course it will never measure up with my Lonestar Special, however playing it stereo with

the Lonestar it adds a nice raw Marshall touch, even by itself it sounds great. And loud enough

especially when miked through PA it is great for live.

I spent $400 on one of the Class 5 combos last year. I think that was a fair price. I love the amp.

I can't wait for the head. I imagine it will be fairly price. I have no idea when it may be available. The combo's release was repeatedly delayed (I heard) due to problems getting the new speakers from Celestion. Once released, availability in numbers to satisfy the demand was slow in coming due to, of course, the infamous "rattle".

I hope the release of the head won't take so long. If it is priced as fairly as was the combo, I'm getting one, and if it performs like my combo has so far, I, for one, won't be b!tching.

Archived