Gibson Brands Forums

MEAT!!!

MojoRedFoot

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've eaten ostrich once, it was.. unique, but I don't think I'll go back to it. Wasn't extraordinary. I stick with cow, I don't eat pork of any kind (yes that includes bacon). No religious reason for that.

Never cared for Memphis ribs, either the wet or dry, but there used to be a little locally-owned Japanese steakhouse there that had a marvelous little teriyaki ribeye.

Normally for me, it'd be a hand-cut ribeye, probably the best local is at the Branding Iron, a half saloon, half steakhouse here. As good as anyplace I've eaten beef, and that covers a lot of territory.

The Brazilian "barbecue" houses are good. My favorite is one joint out in western Brazil. A lot better beef than I had in similarly signed joints in Rio.

Some kalbi - Korean ribs - can be marvelous. But country-style or beef ribs cooked slowly in a smoker, then with a sweet-tart sauce is great too.

m

Oh man guys all those things make me hungry, but If I had to choose, I'd say lamb, but thank god for variety.

Oooooh gosh how could I forget Lamb? I'm switching mine from cow to lamb! I love lamb, bone in.

One time I as at a small Chinese Restaurant it South Dakota, and that chicken was pure rapture, best Chinese I've ever eaten. I've also eaten a lamb taco, so juicy, made the corn shell floppy, but in a good juicy saturated way, I added their spicy sauce and would love to eat there again, wherever the hell I ate it at.

Ribs too, wet.

Deep Fried Catfish, and shrimp, hell I love seafood in general but I'm allergic to lobster.

My father's BBQued chicken. uses tangy, spicy, and sweet homemade sauce.

Italian beef

the list goes on [drool]

Archived