Gibson Brands Forums

Serious thread, your dream guitar

Silenced Fred

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave in Spain wins EVERY TIME we do this... [thumbup]

rosewoodtele-1.jpg

Rosewood Telecaster - I don't know if it' a "dream guitar" for me, but I've always wanted one.

Bigsby, or not Bigsby - that is the question... [cool]

230198.jpg

Not to brag CB, but I actually have that one - and it's a keeper!

(It's the one on the left, eh?) [wub]

3374000133_fb036361ca_z.jpg

And to think I was never really an SG guy... :-k

fc02lp.jpg

On my Top Ten list (AFTER my dream guitar posted before) there would be some different Vs and more Les Pauls.

Gotta get past eleven before any Fenders show up.... [woot]

Ya know - I was looking at White & Silver Falcons at Guitar Center yesterday...

Reading the hang tag, I didn't realize the Falcons were all laminates.

For some reason (the price maybe?) I assumed they were solid wood, at least the tops.

Have mine already... Took me 2 years to get it built.... Gold leaf top, dark back, RS GuitarWorks Pot kit (bumble bee caps with Jimmy Page style push pull for coil tap and phase reverse) Seymour Duncan custom Jimmy Page 4 lead pick ups, 1970's double line double ring tunners, nickle bridge and stop bar, copper lined electronics and pick up cavities. Here she is;

Goldtop5.jpg

Back1.jpg

You see here the back of the electronics plates which are copper lined too... The fronts are the regular black plastic.

14Controlplates.jpg

12Electronics.jpg

13Toggle.jpg

Headstock2.jpg

Goldtop1.jpg

5backclose.jpg

Sorry for the big post but I love this guitar...

Very nice! I love that finish.

Here we go:

dreamguitar.jpg

I made some changes to the concept. It's got a mini in the neck, a full HB in the bridge and a lipstick pickup in the middle position. Three tone knobs and one master volume knob. Black Floyd Rose--and I forgot to add a locking nut, but assume it's on there. Maple fretboard, ebony inlays. Sweet translucent orange pickguard. Sounds like a beast, in theory.

Yours looks like a '61RI with a Maestro. That's not the same guitar CB posted.

For the sake of conversation, I was generalizing.

Nobody else will own the specific guitar in MY photo either... [flapper]

Did I miss anything else? [woot]

Tell us every pain-staking detail on the guitar CB posted, eh....?

Neo, you know I'm just bugging you...even though they're not the same guitar. [biggrin]

I think Dave should leave the plastic jack plate. My Trad had a metal one but I put on a plastic one. If anything, I'd give it an ABR-1 bridge (on the Nashville posts) to make it look better.

Dave, that thing is killer! But you gotta do something with that plastic jack plate. Buy

a metal one and gold flake it, bro. [biggrin]

The plastic jack plate doesn't bother me. Works with the binding and pick up rings... Tim might be on to something with the ABR-1 bridge though... If I can through one on without touching the posts I would do that.

Have mine already... Took me 2 years to get it built.... Gold leaf top, dark back, RS GuitarWorks Pot kit (bumble bee caps with Jimmy Page style push pull for coil tap and phase reverse) Seymour Duncan custom Jimmy Page 4 lead pick ups, 1970's double line double ring tunners, nickle bridge and stop bar, copper lined electronics and pick up cavities. Here she is;

Who is that in the reflection on the back in the second photo? It looks spooky! A face.

Goldtop5.jpg

Back1.jpg

You see here the back of the electronics plates which are copper lined too... The fronts are the regular black plastic.

14Controlplates.jpg

12Electronics.jpg

13Toggle.jpg

Headstock2.jpg

Goldtop1.jpg

5backclose.jpg

Sorry for the big post but I love this guitar...

That is an absolutely stunning guitar, jamman! (although I suspect you already knew that...)

Great snap too!

P.

Hey pippy , thanks, Yes, the guitar is a beauty. And I'm very happy to have her. she plays & sounds great too. Thanks about the photo I was able to take. only about 50 shots before i got this one. I got some other nice ones, but I think this was the best,for that day. I took it yesterday as the Sun wqas going down from inside my Condo. The sun had a nice color to it. That's where the shadow comes from (the window) . thought it looked cool.

Archived