Gibson Brands Forums

Godin Guitars

Duende

Does anyone own a Godin guitar, especially the Kingpin series?

They sound very nice on the clips I have heard and considering their apparent quality and that they are made in Canada they seem to be priced very competitively!

Matt

I'm not sure how they price them so competitively, probably due to all laminate construction. I've played a couple of them.

They were a lot of fun and I would consider getting one with 2 pups and cutaway. Really great feel for blues and jazz, what little I play.

The cognac burst is great looking.

Ohhhh Canada!!!

Canada rocks!!! My favourite comedian John Candy, my favourite blues guitarist Jeff Healey, one of my favourite song writers Joni Mitchell, one of my favourite composers Howard Shore and my favourite Bach interpreter , the pianist Glen Gould... are all Candadian msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Matt

I've played a few at Elderly. Their quality is very good and great sound. I also like that you can get them in no pup, 1 pup or 2 pup configurations. All wild cherry . . . is wild.

And I really like the Cognac Burst finish.

I'd would buy one, but I can't part with the archtop I currently own.

To buy? - - Here's a big . HELL YEAH . on the Godin Kingpin series. [thumbup]

I have a Godin Freeway Classic, which is heavier than my SG but definitely has its own sound. I think they cut costs because it's all made with local products, so they don't have to pay shipping and duties and such.

I admit my SG has become my number one, but that doesn't mean I don't play my Godin at all either, highly recommend. [thumbup]

Ive got a Simon and Patrick songsmith, also made by Godin. Great guitar! Ive also played the kingpins a lot at the shop.

I really like them, I wanna get one, but Im trying to relieve myself from my goldtop GAS Ive had since january

I agree Godins are really excellent value for money

I have the Kingpin 5th Avenue P90 which is a real beauty

Lightweight and good acoustically

Particularly nice as it reminds me of Charlie Christian's ES 150

A simple no-frills guitar.....

V

:-({|=

Yep I have several Godin's and a Seagull and there all very well made. The Fifth Ave KIngpin is a fun guitar with a good sound and I love it's soft hardshell case made that is made of out of foam. I also love the Multiac series especially the Jazz boxes. I even have a Bass and a Mandolin from Godin and the Glissentar a fretless 11 string.

Here;s my current Godins

Glissentar 11 string

GLIS_body-front.jpg

A4 Bass

cf_3JPGcopy-1.jpg

XTSA

637849.jpg

A8 Mandolin

GodinA8Mandolin-1copy.jpg

Seagull

Seagullcopy.jpg

5th Ave

godin5thavecognaccopy.jpg

Multiac nylon string -thin neck with Roland Synth

GodinNylonStringThinNeck1copy.jpg

Multiac Jazz with Roland Synth

GodinMultiacJazzcopy.jpg

Yep I have several Godin's and a Seagull and there all very well made. ..... Here;s my current Godins: Glissentar 11 string, A4 Bass, XTSA, A8 Mandolin, Seagull, 5th Ave, Multiac nylon string -thin neck with Roland Synth, Multiac Jazz with Roland Synth ...

Whoa!

Quite a stable of Godins.

You've got some real beauties there. [thumbup]

Godin builds really great guitars and does it for a fair price, how ever they do it, I hope they keep it up, a friend of mine who works for a music store that has carried them for many years told me they had a huge supply of ancient cedar wood that was discovered in a peat bog, ...he also told me the company receives government subsidies that helps them keep prices low I don't know if that's true..

Archived