Gibson Brands Forums

Whites Only

TommyK

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have jobs advertised over here 'Black and ethnic minority only' and we can't do a thing.

I LOVE THOSE GUITARS THOUGH.

lets leave the racism thing out of this thread eh guys? it's about the guitar colour...no more...no less B)

why, does that alter the tone Fred?

Matt

I've played a couple in different Guitar Centers, and the build quality is meh. Some were good, others were just awful. The knobs are always off at angle on them, and other thing that I just can't get past for spending 500 on a guitar [thumbdn]

I've played a couple in different Guitar Centers, and the build quality is meh. Some were good, others were just awful. The knobs are always off at angle on them, and other thing that I just can't get past for spending 500 on a guitar [thumbdn]

Fair enough, it was the build quality that was at fault then with these models - and not the country of manufacture?

Sorry to be 'jumpy' quoting you Fred, I have just seen so much improvement in Chinese guitars that I am always curious if people are being negative towards them because they really believe the Chinese people cannot simply make decent equipment (personally I believe they can), or if it is a 'non guitar' reason ie not liking the country politically etc.

Matt

Fair enough, it was the build quality that was at fault then with these models - and not the country of manufacture?

Sorry to be 'jumpy' quoting you Fred, I have just seen so much improvement in Chinese guitars that I am always curious if people are being negative towards them because they really believe the Chinese people cannot simply make decent equipment (personally I believe they can), or if it is a 'non guitar' reason ie not liking the country politically etc.

Matt

If it plays well, and has great build quality, it can come straight from hell. The knobs are all off kilter, frets aren't dressed at all, etc. I mean, it can be cleaned up, but I really want a Hanson Guitar. As far as I know, they are made from Korean bodies, then have electronics and set up from Chicago. cool enough for me

Matt

i bought an epi les paul traditional pro over the winter, all i can say i wont buy a second epi from china.

I have a soft spot for White. I really like the White EDS-1275 over the cherry version. Love me a white Les Paul (even cooler would be a White Top Les Paul). Really like that White Wilshire, and a White Gretsch Falcon is timeless.

2886582630100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

Here's a gratuitous shot of my Olympic White Strat. Look at that natural aging, that's what Vintage White is trying to be.

2659202670100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

and here you can see about how white it was when it was new. That's the shade, under the pick guard.

But I digress, Yeah, I dig white guitars.

Actually I saw an Epi Swingster at GC and the sticker behind the headstock said Made in Indonesia. What's up with that?

Also did not know the Swingster is completely hollow, no center block.

A white guitar with gold harware...appeals to the pimp in me.

I have an Epi P-3......It's build and finish are flawless.........Fully flawless.......I plan on adding the white one to my stable as well.....

I have an Epi LP Studio (white).....almost flawless.........I don't use it, it sits on a stand and looks beautiful.......

lets leave the racism thing out of this thread eh guys? it's about the guitar colour...no more...no less B)

I have never come across a situation where a white guitar could not do what a black one or a colored one can do.

Archived