Gibson Brands Forums

What Does Your Sound Taste Like?

Artie Owl

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sound is like a dusty old bottle of finely aged sippin' whiskey that's been sittin' for years on the top shelf of a smokey bar. Oh wait a minute, that's what I SMELL like.....

It depends on what I'm playing. If it's a rocker, probably tastes like a stuffed jalapeno. It can be hot and tasty. And if it's not your type of music it may hurt going in and out... [cool]

If it's a blues tune, it may taste like Mud Slide cake.

If it's a ballad, it tastes like fried ice cream. Creamy yet can be warm on the outside.

This feels kinda self indulgent, but I guess it's fun...

And if my guitar's out of tune it tastes like corn and sour milk on a blender. :-#

Guest FarnsBarns

Hmmm,

Warm and squishy but with some sharp accents. It has to be chips (fries only better) with loads of salt and vinegar.

i used to be in a couple punk bands but now i dont even touch a distortion pedal. As i got older i quit the bands and started playing for my church. my style changes a lot, when i write, i play rock but in church i mix a lot of rock with ambient stuff (plus a lot of covers). so i guess my sound starts out tasting greasy and crunchy, like Tim Armstrong's thin crust cheese and pepperoni pizza but as you chew on it a little bit, it becomes sweet and creamy, like Tim Hughes' butterscotch pudding. haha that's kinda gross

kc

On the neck pickup alone, my tone is like whiskey, harsh, sharp, but warming. In the middle position its like a well cooked piece of chicken, warm, rich, and mellow. At bridge it's more like a rich cheesecake, very dark, rich, and tons of flavor, but you can only take a small piece at a time. If anything it's to dark, but I'm trying to fix my recipe.

If you can't tell, I like my food.

my sound tastes like perfectly done hickory smoked maple cured bacon.....

sweet and smoky, with just the right crispness around the edges, with a hint of salty afterbite on a mostly lean slice, with juuuuust the right amount of grease to make it go down smoothly.

the more it's savored, the more the next slice is looked forward to.

just what every marshall mg30dfx sounds like crap

i've seen you putting this amp down quite often......and while it's true that it's not a tube amp or a "really great" solid state amp, it's not THAT bad either.

I have one thats 5 or 6 yrs. old, and use it when I don't have the time to warm up my Blackstar, or just want a different sound......the MG 30 DFX is just a different animal and has to be treated as such, most of the pots/knobs on it are quite "touchy" and respond quite well to "little tweaks".

I have no idea what genre you play, but anything past 10 oclock on the gain is just too much for the amp to handle, it also doesn't sound good at any volume past about 2 oclock on either chanel.......the bass and mids are also touchy, don't go past about 2 oclock on either unless you want to sound like you have a muffler attached to your guitar.

And as with everything else about this amp, the lower the effects settings you can use, the better it's going to sound.

Is your speaker thoroughly broken in?

Granted, I wouldn't record with mine, but when it's set right it makes a fine little "quickie" practice amp.

Burn me at the stake if y'all wish....I just HAD to say it!!

Archived