Gibson Brands Forums

Happy NGD - PRS

Tim Plains

Couldn't be happier. I really regret selling my old 513. Won't make that mistake again!!

I thought my wife was out when I took it home but she wasn't. Man, there's nothing more awkward when you walk in and she catches you by surprise.

Her: Honey, what's that?

Me: Uh, it's a...a guitar.

Her: You bought a new guitar?

Me: Well, I showed you a picture of it and you thought it was pretty; so, as far as I'm concerned...you OKed it. [lol]

She's a good sport! I've bought enough guitars without telling her that she's used it by now.

2011 PRS 513, McCarty finish, 1-piece quilt top, 8 lbs even. Giggitty...

7d587707.jpg

fec110e8.jpg

9fbd78f2.jpg

a0fc5a48.jpg

Indian crackwood

6028e72f.jpg

It says 'play me'. Do Prs' play that well? I've never even picked one up.

Yes (at least that's what I think). Some people here don't get into them, but I think everybody should have one in their arsenal. They produce unique sounds and are very comfortable to play. Plus their craftsmanship is second to none.

Cheers guys.

lashurst, I find they play great (which is why I have four). If you do go try any, play a PRS with 57/08 or 59/09 pickups. They're more Gibson like and everyone seems to love them. A lot of PRS have Dragon II pickups and those get the most complaints. Wide/Fat is my favourite PRS neck shape.

Saturn, I've sold/traded around 20. [blink]

swleary, you're selling the Trad for a PRS?

Cheers guys.

lashurst, I find they play great (which is why I have four). If you do go try any, play a PRS with 57/08 or 59/09 pickups. They're more Gibson like and everyone seems to love them. A lot of PRS have Dragon II pickups and those get the most complaints. Wide/Fat is my favourite PRS neck shape.

Saturn, I've sold/traded around 20. [blink]

swleary, you're selling the Trad for a PRS?

It's on the fence right now. I listed my trad on Kijiji a few weeks ago. If it sells then yes I'm going to switch to PRS.I've wanted one since 1988 and I can not bond with my trad

It's on the fence right now. I listed my trad on Kijiji a few weeks ago. If it sells then yes I'm going to switch to PRS.I've wanted one since 1988 and I can not bond with my trad

first i heard of this?, that why you removed it from your sig too?

i thought you loved that lp, must be somthing in the air as i sold the GM sig too [unsure]

imo if ya gonna swap a lp for a prs then it has to be a "real" prs.

I totally agree. Why go to something of lesser quality then what you are swapping.

TIM- you know I could be at your place in like little over an hour. I'm ultra cool so I wouldn't drool too much on your babies lol

Archived