Jeff-7

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Siblings getting acquainted

twinstopshot.jpg

Loving the top boost with Hot/Cool switch and Boost

voxtopboostpanel.jpg

The normal channel is pretty awesome too, like the Master Volume Bypass as well as being able to switch from 30W to 15W mode

voxmvpanel.jpg

Back in a bit, off to play some more!

Pure sex! Congrats brother, lemme know how it sounds

Thanks! Dude it sounds so amazing, the alnico blues still need lots of playing time to break in properly but it sounds awesome as it is. I got to playing a lot more with the master vol. bypassed in the normal channel and it's just dripping tone. Now I need moar pedalz.

Gorgeous looking amp!

But why is the control panel facing the rear? that would bug me!

I remember reading an explanation a long time ago on the purpose when they first made these but they just keep making them like that for traditions' sake I believe.

You SOB, I want that so bad!!

Haha, you know you've done well when R9 is envious :D

dude, seriously. I am super jelly! I'm rocking a full on gearection for that! Do they still make the handwired ac30 as a head?

Yessir, I think the head itself is retailing for around 1300. If you can't get a good deal on one in your area the guys from Sweetwater will more than likely shave some of the price off for ya. Those guys are top notch, definitely getting my business again.

Yessir, I think the head itself is retailing for around 1300. If you can't get a good deal on one in your area the guys from Sweetwater will more than likely shave some of the price off for ya. Those guys are top notch, definitely getting my business again.

damn. sexy. sweetwater is awesome, I just gotta figure out which one i should go for first, a vox, a jazzmaster or a martin... sheeeeeit

but seriously, that is an amazing amp

That looks SWEET.

I live on the top boost channel of my ac30. So good! Yours must be even better.

So how does the master volume bypass affect the sound?

As I've always understood it with master volume you're relying on your preamp to get some good breakup at lower volumes and with the MV bypassed you're relying on your power section for distortion, which of course means you need to reach higher power levels to overdrive them. Honestly just opening up your MV to the max and diming your volume should achieve similar effect. Gives you a lot more headroom. Some people also claim that the MV circuit is a tone loss, so the bypass takes it completely out of the chain. I don't really notice tone loss with the MV circuit still operating too much. The bypass wasn't a major selling point to me but it's still pretty cool.

So you got an amp with your candy order? That is awesome!

Hell yeah!

Archived