Gibson Brands Forums

TRIBUTE BANDS

LPguitarman

I am going to see two Tribute Bands tonight. A Journey tribute band is opening for a RUSH tribute band. The concerts are held in an arena with standing on the floor or seats around the arena. The best part about these concerts is they are free. You pay $5 for parking and they encourage the purchase of refreshments. Very professional sound and lighting. I have seen several of these in this venue, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Eagles, AC-DC, Bon Jovi, 2-different Poison bands, and tonight Journey and my favorite RUSH.

Discuss at will... [biggrin]

I am going to see two Tribute Bands tonight. A Journey tribute band ...

Stop right there...

Journey???, plus them being a Tribute act of them too ; double ewwwww.

edit

Mind you, if they bring the music of a good band to 'the people' like the lovely Mistallica below; a noble and great concept!!! I support tribute bands whole heartedly [biggrin]

me and MISSTALICCA [biggrin]

Photo018.jpg

I think it depends for me. Yeah I'd have to be in the mood. I think also I would go see one in a bar/club but I would never pay for a ticket to a show at a stadium with high dollar amounts.

Then there is our very own lounge member Jesse who plays in a LZ tribute band. I would go see them if I lived near him out in... where does he live? California?

Stop right there...

Journey???, plus them being a Tribute act of them too ; double ewwwww.

edit

Mind you, if they bring the music of a good band to 'the people' like the lovely Mistallica below; a noble and great concept!!! I support tribute bands whole heartedly [biggrin]

Rofl. Also Steve you have the second best rack in that picture.

p.s

Steve,

Forget Jean Luc, I think you have a possible career emulating the great Bond nemesis Blofeld :)

blofeld1.jpg

You know I was thinking of that villain in the recent Harry Potter movie.

Some friends of mine are in Motley's Crew and Dia, all girl Motley Crew and Dio tribute. They Rock and the crowd loves it!!

The Iron Maidens are all female Iron Maiden tribute, they Rock too! There's an AC/DC tribute I saw in San Diego called Back to Black, they play the entire Back in Black album. Two drinks and you'd swear you were front row at AC/DC. [thumbup]

Tribute bands are cool, but it's a lot different than covering. You have to nail an entire persona for an hour and a half (minimum). That means acting, not just playing and entertaining. It's like putting on a musical play so you better have you act down!

This is wierd. I know I posted in this topic yesterday, and now it's gone. :-k

Oh well, no use now...the topic has been totally derailed by Steve's nipples #-oO:)

Actually you posted it to the wrong thread... I thought it was sort of funny.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/75306-what-do-you-think-about-aniv-issue-releases/

Why are people focusing on man-boobs?

Archived