Gibson Brands Forums

beer

Jantha

What if you beer bong six at once? Kind of like when nachos are all stuck together... just counts as one right?

I sometimes hide away some so I have more than three at a time.....Gotta do it this way since I don't leave home !!!!!

My favorite topic!

My favorites are Carlsberg, Grolsch, Guinness and Landshark.

For cheap beers, which is all I can really afford if I actually want to feel anything, my choices are usually National Bohemian or PBR. I also like Rolling Rock when I have the money.

Beer beer beer beer beer. I love beer.

I used to believe there was no such thing as a bad beer, though I've been set straight on a couple of occasions over the years. Still, for the most part. . .

This is a story from a couple of weeks ago that warmed this beer lover's heart, and I hope it will yours as well.

My link

I've been set straight on that too.. mostly by home brews. While some home brews can be very good, there's the potential there to make some pretty nasty sh*t.

My tastes vary. But here in California we have a plethora of small breweries making just about every kind of beer and I prefer to be local as possible, mostly for the freshness. Beer doesn't "age" well. Straight from the t*t is better than canned or bottled.

my taste in beer is very broad. I will stop short of saying there is no such thing as a bad beer because I've had some that are just dreadfull.

I tend to favor darker varieties like Guinness, Holsten's stout, etc. For domestic stuff there are a few microbreweries around that make lots of stuff that appeals to me. There are also mainstream brews that I like, such as Moosehead or Molson Canadian.

Lots of friends have tried to get me drinking Budwieser, but I find it's like drinking water... I'm refering to taste here, although it is typical that US beer is typically weak compared to most Canadian beer (with the exception of a few, mainly microbrewed brands).

Home brews are hit and miss; but in my experience the mark of a good home brew is that you can't tell the difference between it and a comparable mass produced brand...except if done right it's got more kick. lol

Homebrew is too strong

Nice..................

V

:-({|=

not if the temp. and time are monitored and controlled in the vats........another reason is excess sugar or "late sugaring" to revive a flat(green)batch

"green" brew will nearly plant the drinker.

I used to quite often make malt homebrew, as well as apple jack and raisin jack....using my Nannys(Grandmothers')recipes.

I still occasionally make muscadine wine & mixed fruit wine, and if pressed could run a mash-barn & d-still.....if need be.(also Nannys recipes) Of all her Grandkids, my Nanny only gave ME her recipes for raising a family(including my Mom) during a depression.

My favourite beer is Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale brewed in Halifax,Nova Scotia another favourite is India Pale Ale brewed by Molson's in St. John's,Newfoundland.Both these beers have just the right yeast/hops balance and a very pleasant after taste.

Archived