Gibson Brands Forums

Home from the hospital today

bluzhammer

Been away for a bit on the posting end, but have been keeping up with the goings on. I have just gotten home from having 3 stents put into my arteries and amazingly enough feel "good as new". Heart disease runs in the family, so it was just a matter of time I guess. The dr. told me to lay off the 18 hour days and readjust my diet to something involving more " colors", so I took that as meaning more fruits and veggies. That's going to be tough for a carnivore such as myself. Anyways, it's good to be back and see everything is as it always was !!!!msp_thumbup.gif

Happy and successful recupin' to you, BH, glad to hear you're feeling so much better. [thumbup]

Thanks Cruz, oddly enough I could tell something wasn't right over the past several months. Shortness of breath, left hand being all tingly when I was playing my axes, not waking up with morning woodmsp_scared.gif, well I digress. Anyhow, signs were there.

I'm glad that you're back and on the mend,it's only recently that I found out that I have Atrial Fibrillation.You have to listen to everything that the cardiologists tell you because the old ticker isn't something that you take chances with.Lots of luck and stay healthy.

Welcome back, BH. I had a stent installed back in 04, was lucky, no heart attack & no damage, And doing fine ever since [thumbup] it wasn't that hard making changes, think of the alternative. Plus my wife's an RN [biggrin] won't let me wander off the healthy path. :rolleyes: Echoing everyone else, do what the Dr. says and get well [thumbup]

PS: Thanks for reminding me about "wood in the morning", turned 59 last month and forgot about that [flapper]

TC

It's not hard to change your eating habits to healthy food... Give it a chance. You have a whole new world of flavors, colors and textures to look forward to. Believe me there are so many great tasting veggies and fruit out there... I'm on a diet now to loose some weight, here's what I've been doing. Coffee for breakfast, big salad for lunch as much as you want and dinner is pan fried chicken breast with veggies. I use olive oil for frying instead of butter. There are a million ways to cook healthy. Start going to the super market and buy fresh veggies, no possessed or canned crap... Frozen is ok too but doesn't taste as good...

Welcome back, brother.

And I double what daveinspain said. Meat is not bad, just make sure it is a part of the whole meal. If you eat a lot of processed and packaged foods now, start moving away from them and try to eat as much whole foods (not the grocery chain; unprocessed stuff like an apple or banana or wild rice) as possible. There are a lot of tasty fruits and vegetables (including fresh herbs like dill, basil, and rosemary) out there and once you orient your pallet to that type of food you'll think that processed crap is bland.

Also key is exercise. You don't have to run marathons. Regular twenty minute walks everyday will keep the blood flowing. Do check with your PCP before starting.

Good luck.

You had to bring up the exercise word. Isn't playing guitar an hour or so a day considered exercise?

I've already run that one by the wife and she ain't a buying it !!!!!. All you guys have been great with the encouragements and advice, I really appreciate it . msp_thumbup.gif

Archived