Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - LP Standard Plus

badbluesplayer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on the new guitar, I recently got a Commodore 128 computer, its not doing so well though :( Lucky my Commodore 64 works so well its been taken care of really well, its on a desk with the 1541 disk drive and cassette deck [thumbup]

You should have stopped at the 5th word in your reply.

This topic is about a Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus. Not some el-crapo ancient computing technology. Make your own thread for that. Or better yet, go revive one of the billion other threads you've made about these computers.

Or even better yet, post this on a forum that actually has something to Do with computers. There are hundreds. This is the Gibson GUITAR Forums. I don't care if this is the Lounge, these incessant, irrelevant posts about stone-age computers are really becoming a nuisance.

Good day,

-Ryan

(And to the critics who will almost definitely follow, I did NOT criticize his guitar-playing skills, his gear or his musical preference. I told him that his posts regarding computers are irrelevant, which they are, and gave him several different options to consider. If you don't like my opinion, that's your prerogative.)

Simply beautiful.

Now the question is, do you put the pick guard on it or not?

I'm trying to decide on my own Desertburst.

The 8 deadly sins:

1. Wrath

2. Greed

3. Sloth

4. Pride

5. Lust

6. Envy

7. Gluttony

8. Pickguards on beautiful flame tops.

Simply beautiful.

Now the question is, do you put the pick guard on it or not?

I'm trying to decide on my own Desertburst.

Bad Blues: Congrat's on a most beautiful and versatile LP. I love my Light Burst and can't put it down. I have actually fell asleep with it in my arms while sitting on my sofa. I am sure you will love yours as well. It is almost as lovely as mine. [wink]

I did install the pickguard because I dig the way it looks and it gives me a place to put my fingers. It just suits my playing style better. Everyone is different and IMO not worth compromizing comfort for a dubious better look. Do what works for you and the hell with others opinions.

By the way i am big on installing straplocks. God forbid you drop your baby while reaching nirvana during a celestial solo.

Enjoy... I know you will.

Geez... Thank for all the nice compliments. It's a Light Burst color.

I had about 15 guitars of this particular color to choose from. Wildwood is selling some of the 2012 colors for $2208, including this one. They had about a dozen of them and they all looked nice. Some appeared to have the intonation adjusted all the way forward and most were heavy with two piece backs. Wildwood appears to be overstocked in some colors and I think they're trying to clear them out to even up their stock.

Sweetwater had at least four of these and this one was the nicest. Very light, one piece back, medium flame without much vertical grain.

Plus, ahhhh, the Sweetwater experience. My man Ryan matched the price like it was nothing. 2599 down to 2208 like boom, no problem, have a nice day. The price is under 60% of msrp, so that's about as low as you can go. Fifty something point checklist, 30 day satisfaction guarantee (Wildwood has a 48 hour return period). And you at least get to pick out the guitar from the pictures.

Hey, I've bought two nice guitars from MF, too, and they were great, but it sure is nice to be able to pick out your guitar.

My wife could feel the mojo or whatever, and she's like "You're buying a new guitar, aren't you?" I mean, out of the blue she just comes up with that! Man, she's good! The phone rang and she's like "Must be Ryan at Sweetwater." And to beat it all, it's the credit card security department wanting to know if I just bought something for 2200 bucks? I'm on hold trying to think up some story and trying to make sure the phone's turned down so the wife can't hear what they're saying on the other end. Anyway, I think she pretty much nailed me. I think she's going to let me off easy. :unsure:

Congrats on the new guitar, I recently got a Commodore 128 computer, its not doing so well though :( Lucky my Commodore 64 works so well its been taken care of really well, its on a desk with the 1541 disk drive and cassette deck [thumbup]

You're cool... You can chime in any time on my threads... I hope you can get those suckers all straightened out.

You should have stopped at the 5th word in your reply.

This topic is about a Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus. Not some el-crapo ancient computing technology. Make your own thread for that. Or better yet, go revive one of the billion other threads you've made about these computers.

Or even better yet, post this on a forum that actually has something to Do with computers. There are hundreds. This is the Gibson GUITAR Forums. I don't care if this is the Lounge, these incessant, irrelevant posts about stone-age computers are really becoming a nuisance.

Good day,

-Ryan

(And to the critics who will almost definitely follow, I did NOT criticize his guitar-playing skills, his gear or his musical preference. I told him that his posts regarding computers are irrelevant, which they are, and gave him several different options to consider. If you don't like my opinion, that's your prerogative.)

Leave this forum.

My wife could feel the mojo or whatever, and she's like "You're buying a new guitar, aren't you?" I mean, out of the blue she just comes up with that! Man, she's good! The phone rang and she's like "Must be Ryan at Sweetwater." And to beat it all, it's the credit card security department wanting to know if I just bought something for 2200 bucks? I'm on hold trying to think up some story and trying to make sure the phone's turned down so the wife can't hear what they're saying on the other end. Anyway, I think she pretty much nailed me. I think she's going to let me off easy. :unsure:

well, I guess "she knows who she's dealing with..." is an understatement.

My wife sort of knows when the itch is becoming unscratchable, but she's NEVER nailed me like that.

Enjoy that ax man, let us know when the delivery has occurred and you've entered Heaven..

Archived