Gibson Brands Forums

New Strat

69tele

They had an s/h one in Andertons...new in UK they're £1732(GBP). I'm interested because of the bound neck and the 12" radius though I haven't gone and tried one yet, how is it? And congrats!

Sweet guitar,Jeff Beck Strats are the creme de la creme of Artist Series Fenders,I'd rather have a J.B. Strat than a Clapton or SRV any day.The 60s style neck is the most comfortable of all Fender necks IMHO.Congrats on getting such an incredible guitar.

Sweet guitar,Jeff Beck Strats are the creme de la creme of Artist Series Fenders,I'd rather have a J.B. Strat than a Clapton or SRV any day.The 60s style neck is the most comfortable of all Fender necks IMHO.Congrats on getting such an incredible guitar.

Um...I'm pretty sure he said it's an Eric Johnson Sig..not a Jeff Beck...

-Ryan

Thanks guys

To answer your questions

the figure does appear on the neck although the photo seems to have brought it out a bit more.

the pups are custom ones for this strat aparently eric tried 20 odd odd pup combos live on tour till he settled on this spec.

paid 2032 USD in orlando which at the rate managed to get dollars = 1250 GBP so quite a bit less than in the UK.

Almost worth paying for a flight to NYC or something to get one !

full specs

http://www.fender.com/en-ES/guitars/stratocaster/eric-johnson-stratocaster-rosewood-fingerboard-tropical-turquoise/

Very nice looking Strat. Many congrats.

I'm curious as to the benefits of the staggered tuners.

I see from the specs that Fender says this feature dispenses with the need for string trees. What makes this a better idea, do you know?

Does it aid sustain/resonance in any way? It's not perfectly clear from the CGI in the link you posted but it appears the top 2 are lower than the other 4. Is that correct?

I'm sure you'll love the guit. Geat score!

[thumbup]

P.

Very nice looking Strat. Many congrats.

I'm curious as to the benefits of the staggered tuners.

I see from the specs that Fender says this feature dispenses with the need for string trees. What makes this a better idea, do you know?

Does it aid sustain/resonance in any way? It's not perfectly clear from the CGI in the link you posted but it appears the top 2 are lower than the other 4. Is that correct?

I'm sure you'll love the guit. Geat score!

[thumbup]

P.

Hey pippy - I think the staggered tuners just have different height posts for the different strings, like you said. It makes it so the string approaches the post at the correct angle so it will wrap around the post properly without having to be held down by a string tree.

the tuners get smaller as they go along so as the windings are at the right place eliminating the need for the string tee and the pickups are custom wound to EJs specs.

thats a very nice Knophler strat ! is that a US model ? A friend of mine has one but looks more orange and made in Japan

thats a very nice Knophler strat ! is that a US model ? A friend of mine has one but looks more orange and made in Japan

To my knowledge all MK strats are USA made. The original run of these were done in the wrong color but that was Dakota Red. Since then the MK's have been Hot Rod Red.

In certain light mine does look more orange like Fiesta Red.

My search has turned up nothing on any Knopfler strat being made in Japan.

Here's another pic of mine looking more fiesta red.

085-1_zps9cdf5e94.jpg

Cookie,

In the first shot the guard looks like mint and the second it looks white. Love me some minty green pickguards. But either way that thing makes my knees weak brother. [thumbup]

yeah bro in normal sunlight it looks mint but a flash washes it out. It really is kind of a hidden gem. The Texas specials aren't for everyone but combined with the ash body and some finger pickin its sublime.

Archived