Gibson Brands Forums

What's wrong with me...

daveinspain

Last night I was at an open jam at a local pub and there was a guy playing an ES 175... I was jealous, I had guitar envy 😡... Totally uncalled for!

Perfectly abnormal LOL! It especially hurts if the guy is not only playing a guitar you're lusting after, but if he's better than you are (no offense, I have no clue), it only makes matters worse. Don't ask how I know this LOL.

Last night I was at an open jam at a local pub and there was a guy playing an ES 175... I was jealous, I had guitar envy 😡... Totally uncalled for!

Last year I bought a spiffy new Epiphone ES-175 Premium. It's not a Gibson, believe me, I know. I'm trading it out in two weeks. I won't dabble in holler/semi-holler guitars ever again prolly.

rct

Last year I bought a spiffy new Epiphone ES-175 Premium. It's not a Gibson, believe me, I know. I'm trading it out in two weeks. I won't dabble in holler/semi-holler guitars ever again prolly.

rct

2014 I think. Yeah. 2014.

rct

What do you have for a guitar/guitars??? Trade one or two or sell one to get the one you've always wanted... You only live once, my old man waited years to restore a old car,,, even spent piles of money on nos parts to restore it an he just came down with cancer... Life is to short!!! I say it's time you get that Es!!!!

rct

I passed on buying one of those after the whole pickup selector switch fell off in my hands at Guitar Center!

You's in the wrongest place, asking what's wrong with you, wanting another guitar!! [flapper][biggrin]

I've been lusting after a ES-345, for decades! Yet, I have so many nice guitars, already, that it's

getting harder to justify adding any more. [unsure] Wanted an ES-355...but, I have a "Lucille," so that's

pretty much the same thing, only without "f" holes.

If you (really) want it, can afford it easily enough, and it won't cause marital problems...go for it!! [thumbup]

CB

Dave, your gear list suggest you are a man of both the means and the preparedness to try different instruments necessary to answer this call.

Now get on and do it, before Jdgm is forced to show that photo of his again and we all then feel the need to get one. ;)

Id trade you mine for your classic, but i dont think you'd want mine. it has a headstock repair.

Dave, your gear list suggest you are a man of both the means and the preparedness to try different instruments necessary to answer this call.

Now get on and do it, before Jdgm is forced to show that photo of his again and we all then feel the need to get one. ;)

My gear list is the reason I can't get another guitar… Spent all my money on guitars.. ](*,)

I think so, im no expert on repairs, but i do know the break never touched the frets, just the head. I tried to upload a 2 min video to photobucket but its taking forever.

175%20head_zps4vsob6iz.jpg

175%20headback_zpsvziu1lkq.jpg

PM me your telephone number… I will be in Boston next week… Maybe we can do a trade… I'd like to see some more pics… What color is it?

rct

Why do you not care for hollow bodies rct? I haven't got a premium, but I have a 2010 standard Epi ES -175 which is a beauty, alongside a 2012 Gibson ES 175, plus a number of other hollows as you've probably seen. They are great! Mind you, I play jazz mostly...

Here's a blurry picture of them together (the camera I have blurs unless you use a flash - think it's broken)...

IMG_1413_zpsakszkjwy.jpg

ES 175 love is perfectly understandable.... [thumbup]

IMO and anyone else's with aesthetic taste the Florentine cutaway has real beauty...

Personal favourite 'squeeze' today is the ES225...

Slimline hollow ES175 shaped beauty with P90's

It doesn't get much better... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

I have always wanted a Gibson Byrdland, but (thus far, in this life) I have only seen them in magazine photos.

Never once ran into one in person.

I remember that Ted Nugent used to play one, back in the day.

It's on my bucket list.

[unsure]

Oh, and I really dig that Bryan Adams song.

Thanks for posting that, Larry.

It took me about ten seconds of listening to realize that it was produced by Jeff Lynne (of ELO and Traveling Wilbury's fame).

Jeff's production style is unmistakable!

Such a great guy, and probably my number one influence musically.

I bought my first Gibson Les Paul (a gold-top Deluxe) in the 1970's because I had seen Jeff playing one on television.

:)

Archived