Gibson Brands Forums

Yu guys do any Bob Seger tunes???

onewilyfool

I am a big Bob Seger fan and just recently started learning "Ship Of Fools" which is one of my favorite songs by him.

These are the bookmarks I saved.

Here is the original

Here is a pretty good version with a good view of his left hand.

Night Moves, Like a Rock, Turn The Page, Shame on The Moon, all great tunes. If I can play Seger's music. anyone can. I find his music to be pretty-straight-forward. The guy can weave a musical story like few others can. Night Moves has got to be about the best-ever "coming of age" song around.....I know the guy is labeled as Rock, but so many of his big hits are easily folk/rock. Great lyrics and great images.

Really? two negative points for asking about Bob Segar songs????.....lol....Why don't you anonymous cowards just contact me with the personal message feature of this forum and tell me why you have your panties in a knot??? I'm open to your direct feedback, and perhaps we can come to an understanding???

+1 for Wily. Seger is a super performer/artist. Great, great tunes............These folks who hide within the internet and extol their negativity would fit-in more easily with some of the cliques on another guitar forum. He's too often over-looked in discussions on great songwriters.

I like to play "Still the Same" and "Come to Papa". For "Night Moves" I use a capo at the first fret, and for "Her Strut", I play that one tuned down a half step. I've been on a Segar kick lately since seeing him live last month. Awesome show! I made chord/lyric sheets for "Night Moves" and "Still the Same". I would be happy to email you those files if you wish. Good luck and have fun.

Jeffery

I like to play "Still the Same" and "Come to Papa". For "Night Moves" I use a capo at the first fret, and for "Her Strut", I play that one tuned down a half step. I've been on a Segar kick lately since seeing him live last month. Awesome show! I made chord/lyric sheets for "Night Moves" and "Still the Same". I would be happy to email you those files if you wish. Good luck and have fun.

Jeffery

Thanks Jeffery, email away!!

I'm not a big Seger fan, but he did some material I liked enough to put on my laptop that functions as a music machine at work when others have gone home.

Old time rock and roll... against the wind...

Seriously, I apparently don't look at great material some artists have used as being unique to them, but simply great material they have done well with and that speaks to me as something I'd like to say in my own way.

And apparently I have less against using a 175 for "solo acoustic" material as done by others, or to use a solo acoustic for material others have used with a band.

The trick to me is to find good material and to do it well in a way that you are comfortable with. If folks like it, that's great; if not... well, you may be playing it for the wrong crowd and may want to reconsider either the piece or the venue. Some folks can sound just like somebody else either singing or pickin', but I always had enough difficulty tryin' to figure what I was doing with a song inside and getting it outside for a performance.

m

Archived