Gibson Brands Forums

I'm just happy ...

Bent Olav Olsen

I'm just very happy with my black ES 335, my red american tele and my white MIM strat. I can't find any fault in them. I'm sure there is minor snags, but ignorance is bliss. I love to play them, I would like to play more and learn more. And on that note: I'm very happy with this forum. I visit here every day and ever day I learn something new. Thanks guys!

Theres MUCH to be said about being satisfied with what you have! I've been concentrating on that myself lately. I was fortunate enough to get another electric and now, with my two electrics and one acoustic, I am a very happy guy!

Thanks for posting, Bent! Very encouraging indeed!

Brian

Now, if I could only learn to PLAY, all these wonderful guitars, that I've purchased, over the years!

THEN, I'd be "Happy!" [biggrin]

CB

CB, send me the SGs and I'll break 'em in for you. [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

If you're happy, I'm happy.

I've been scaling back the guitar collection and am perfectly happy with the core group: 335, Lucille, Les Paul Studio and Martin HD-28V. I really don't need any more than that, they would just sit in their cases unused.

I don't keep my guitars under a doily in a glass case so if there are any faults, they pale in comparison to the player!

Happy happy happy here too. I just spent two hours in the rehearsal studio pounding out some Stones and Clapton on my 2013 LP Standard. I tried my hand at Open E tuning and found some very interesting sounds playing with the coil tap too. It doesn't get any better than that eusa_dance.gif

Some say that it is a spiritual person who doesn't want for material things, and being satisfied with what you have may be a key to happiness. I'm in your boat in that I don't GAS for another guitar. My obsession is only to have fun and improve. It is funny that at one time I used to feel that I was unworthy for the quality of guitars that I own until I realized that those who wanted me to buy their guitar didn't care how well I play as long as they had my money. I have this subliminal urge to want to give a guitar the mojo it deserves, and that a guitar is only as good as what has been put into it... a feeling that I have to give back better than what I've taken out. Strange.

I would be utterly hypocritical if I said I had no GAS. I'm on the lookout for a goldtop standard, but I'm very satisfied with the guitars I have. I love to play them. One after the other. Playing the same thing. Trying to figure out what sounds best on, what's the difference. Love that the necks are different. In short I love being a 50 year old boy being able to play with my expensive toys. Not because I'm any good but because I finally can afford that luxury

My three electric guitars. Just discovered å little "crack" in the "paint" on the tele. Don't really mind. It's a guitar not a painting.I's now road worn.

Really nice line-up you have there!

Correct me if i'm wrong but I think I remember that you posted about a LP goldtop that you considered buying, what happened?

//Robert

Nicely put Reverend:) ....

Played my strat two hours yesterday. I love to play. The sounds I'm producing are so so, but since I'm the only audience I don't mind. And on Thursday I will start talking lessons. Back to school at the age of fifty:) very happy about finding a good teacher close by.

Robert, you're right. I was almost there but a tragic accident on the sellers side stopped the transaction. Still in the market for a nice standard but I'll wait for the right guitar. Preferably a goldtop:) but if a nice junior or special comes my way I might be tempted. But not many of these in Norway

I love my guitars. But I'm not that fond of the pickups on the strat, so I might put in a set of single coils.

I agree, my satisfaction led from a Gibson Les Paul Traditional to the ES-335 Lemonburst and then on to the Explorer 120. My playing style changes with each, I must be emulating... after the 335 I wanted more metal head so the Explorer came into the picture. Beware, for when you gaze into the Gibson, the Gibson also gazes into you.

Archived