Gibson Brands Forums

Finally a really great guitar product.

btoth76

At first I thought it was an April Fool trick but, clearly, I was mistaken...

I loved this bit;

"But 'Chordelia' doesn't just have two chords; oh no. This model has five chords! And you can play HUNDREDS of songs with five chords!!!..."

[laugh]

All laughter aside; I suppose there are folks for whom this is actually quite useful. A bit like a press-one-key-and-get-a-whole-chord electronic keyboard. Also if someone who loves to play develops a really bad case of arthritis it will possibly offer some means to get back to playing? Perhaps?

Ah well. Good luck to the guy.

It does no-one any harm and it might even bring musical pleasure to others.

I wish they hadn't murdered Beet's 9th, though......[scared] [scared] [scared] [scared] [scared].........that's the stuff of nightmares.

Pip.

I wonder, how could we do without one for so long... :D

Bence.

I agree. Lots of players feel their guitars lack neck-heaviness, but Chordelia may help with curing that, too! [flapper]

I wish they hadn't murdered Beet's 9th, though......[scared] [scared] [scared] [scared] [scared].........that's the stuff of nightmares.

Pip.

Perhaps Beethoven would be all right with that. He is quoted to have said the following: "Playing a wrong note is insignificant; playing without passion is inexcusable!" :)

Perhaps Beethoven would be all right with that. He is quoted to have said the following: "Playing a wrong note is insignificant; playing without passion is inexcusable!" :)

eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

Why is that old dead guy ALWAYS right???

Absolutely Spot-On as usual.

Good ol' King Lud.

And thank you, Cap, for bringing the performance into true perspective. I formally withdraw the notice of my irritation.

"To err is human, Pippy. That's why you are being replaced by a machine." was always an annoying observation....

Pip.

"And if they don't like it just play it louder until they do" That's what all of us lead guitarists believe too [lol]

You know in the time it took him to design & build that thing I believe he could have easily learned those pesky chords. :blink:

That was frickin hilarious!!!! Thank you for posting that!!!

Godley and Creme already did that for us back in the late-'70s but, then again, you might be too young to remember the Gizmotron?

https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/The_Gizmo

Pip.

I'm certainly old enough. I couldn't have been paying attention.

Ok, so far I need a gizmatron & a chordelia.

Now if I can just get it to play ‘Taurus’ and publish it, they can prosecute the guitar.

I'm certainly old enough. I couldn't have been paying attention.

Ok, so far I need a gizmatron & a chordelia.

Now if I can just get it to play 'Taurus' and publish it, they can prosecute the guitar.

[laugh]

Actually I don't remember much about the Gizmotron myself except for two things...

Firstly it was tested by one of the guitar mags at the time - probably International Musician as that was my regular buy - and it was absolutely slated as being almost unusable for various reasons. Poor design and very poor quality control were two I can remember being singled out. They couldn't get their sample to play in tune at all for some reason.

Secondly one of the music press end-of-year 'Top Ten' listings put the Gizmotron at #1 in their 'Worst Thing' section for being the root cause behind the breakup of 10CC. I can't remember the specific reason but I think Godley and Creme were so single-minded in their desire to get the thing to work that they left the band to explore the new sounds made available by the unit. I'm pretty sure they used it an awful lot on their immediate post-10CC output.

Edit : I've just had a quick google and came across this which I think can be classified as being "Quite Interesting"!;

http://www.samash.co...hTerm=gizmotron

Pip.

[laugh]

Actually I don't remember much about the Gizmotron myself except for two things...

Firstly it was tested by one of the guitar mags at the time - probably International Musician as that was my regular buy - and it was absolutely slated as being almost unusable for various reasons. Poor design and very poor quality control were two I can remember being singled out. They couldn't get their sample to play in tune at all for some reason.

Secondly one of the music press end-of-year 'Top Ten' listings put the Gizmotron at #1 in their 'Worst Thing' section for being the root cause behind the breakup of 10CC. I can't remember the specific reason but I think Godley and Creme were so single-minded in their desire to get the thing to work that they left the band to explore the new sounds made available by the unit. I'm pretty sure they used it an awful lot on their immediate post-10CC output.

Edit : I've just had a quick google and came across this which I think can be classified as being "Quite Interesting"!;

http://www.samash.co...hTerm=gizmotron

Pip.

As far as I remember, International Musician has been the source I first read about the Gizmo, too. Anyway, I don't think I heard any use except for some notes towards the song ends of "Iceberg" and "Don't Hang Up" from 10cc's "How Dare You!" album. Probably I wouldn't have noticed at all if it had not been credited on the album's insert. I also have to admit that I never cared much about further research of Gizmo tones.

Archived