Gibson Brands Forums

What the latest song you've been playing on your guitar?

Mr. Gibson

Arranging an Epic Southern Rock masterpiece of One Way Out, get to the middle bit between Other Guitar Player and myself on slide but no, we head right into a slightly truncated Call Me The Breeze, which ends right back into the drum break and we finish One Way Out.  Like nine minutes of good ol' boy riffage and rusty guy slide playing.  It's really hard NOT to slide the OWO part in the CMTB part.  Fun stuff, all thanks to our brilliant bass player from somewhere in England, near Manchester, his idea.

rct

11 hours ago, rct said:

Arranging an Epic Southern Rock masterpiece of One Way Out, get to the middle bit between Other Guitar Player and myself on slide but no, we head right into a slightly truncated Call Me The Breeze, which ends right back into the drum break and we finish One Way Out.  Like nine minutes of good ol' boy riffage and rusty guy slide playing.  It's really hard NOT to slide the OWO part in the CMTB part.  Fun stuff, all thanks to our brilliant bass player from somewhere in England, near Manchester, his idea.

rct

Good stuff. I play around with slide occasionally, but not confident enough to try it at a gig. I don't want to subject the people to sounds of a strangled cat. 

When we do OWO I like to throw in the Moby **** lick on the turnaround. ( I said **** lick) [biggrin]

The sax player came round today so - jazz! Niice! [wink]

We started with "Straight No Chaser" to try and get the melody in unison...

Then for me it was rhythm guitar on standards while he played melody and soloed - usually in these rehearsals we play the melody, he plays a chorus or 2 of solo, then melody again and finish.  Making the endings neat/interesting is important too and quite hard on some.  

We like "Harlem Nocturne" as it's minor, slow and dramatic.  Finished as we started.

Does anyone else do requests from the grandkids?  (Grandpa....Can you play, "Colonel Hathi's March" from the Jungle Book?) I looked it up, very easy to do. They had me playing that one country song, end of last year, something like, "Old Town Road. "  I really hated it. Did it anyway for them. 

• Like 1