Gibson Brands Forums

Sal has put his Vintage Bird up for sale - talk him out of it !

EuroAussie

Maybe I am an idiot...

I sat this morning... looking at five guitars on the wall... knowing I could easily ditch the Taylor 214CE (which I listed last week with no interest), and knowing that I seem to be playing my two Martins and my J50 all the time. I was just thinking it was a wasteful $3700 sitting there.

I dont know. Maybe I need a therapist. I just felt stupid for having too much in times when I dont feel I should have too much.

I am also toying with the idea of joining a band I have been asked to join. I would also need an electric - and an amp. If I go that route I would not want to have so many guitars, and would want to stay disciplined. By the way the band values my rhythm and harmonies... I wouldnt be front.

Thanks for the sentiment EA.

I'm offering to rent it for a year! Then I can experience this whole '"'bird" thing for myself, and Sal will know she'll fly safely home when they are both ready.

A smoke-, pet-, and child-free home.

(Probably couldn't finance his electric out of the deal, but a girl could try...)

Maybe I am an idiot...

I sat this morning... looking at five guitars on the wall... and knowing that I seem to be playing my two Martins and my J50 all the time. I was just thinking it was a wasteful $3700 sitting there.

I just felt stupid for having too much in times when I dont feel I should have too much.

Thanks for the sentiment EA.

No such thing buckaroomsp_rolleyes.gif

Here's my take on it. The Hummingbird is a very, very special guitar, and it really excels when played and strummed unplugged. It absolutely has a place in any collection, and one grows fonder of this guitar over the years because of its unique contribution. Plus its so nice to look at the burst as it changes in intensity and shade as the day goes and light changes.

Dont sell this guitar, you will just return to buy another Hummingbird and pay the duty.

. . . Plus its so nice to look at the burst as it changes in intensity and shade as the day goes and light changes. . .

That is a point. And. . .

Dont sell this guitar, you will just return to buy another Hummingbird and pay the duty.

. . . or you just may try later to recapture the same Bird that has flown after you tire of "playin' star again" 'til the wee hours, then having to do the day job in the morning.

Respect to this thread - and heaven knows I wholeheartedly support the acoustic nerdiness here, , , ,

but take 7 seconds to imagine what it must look like for the more or less profane lurkers out there - our honored world wide audience.

A blend somewhere between absurd circus, a cornucopia of miragery and sheer madhousehold.

Gotta lOVE it, , , , , and we do. . .

People and actions cause major divisions on this big planet we call earth. But music lives in all of us to share with the world. I've heard some beautiful tunes that came from that guitar in the short time you had it. Hopefully you will let us hear many more with it.

Never keep a guitar because everyone else says it is great. Never pass on a guitar everyone else says is crap. You'll never know yourself if you do either or both. Play them, bond or don't bond, buy or don't buy, then sell or don't sell, asking only yourself.

rct

Sal, I think you're going through a natural process. We all buy these "keepers," even "holy grails," but all of them are for sale for the right price or at the right time. If you keep it, good for you. If you sell it, also good for you and don't look back. Just keep enjoying making music.

I will join the online intervention. If the reason you feel the need to sell it is because "you have too much" then that's the wrong reason. Guilt is an unproductive emoition.

If you're tired of it and want something new, then that's a reason.

I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

Rich

Archived