Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar ordered

merciful-evans

I finally choose this PRS out of three I had been considering. I ordered this afternoon.

It could take a while to arrive. Its the last of 4 made available to the shop. They are still waiting for PRS to deliver it (and maybe even complete it?)

shop link (might not be up long now!) - PRS Ltd Reclaimed Wood CE24

http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/bolton/reclaimed_limited_ce_24_semi_hollow

I was also considering these:

A 2016 LP DC. Only the Gibson was available to try. Though would've entailed a 460 mile round trip for me! I love the finish. Its also the cheapest of the 3.

shop link - 2016 LP DC at shop

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/USA/Les-Paul-Standard-Double-Cutaway-Limited.aspx#LPDC16HSCH1

and finally this MIJ Seventy Seven Albatross Jazz. I have been in touch with the supplier a couple of times (going back a couple of years). He's just one guy who's a MIJ enthusiast. He says they are made to order.

supplier link - Seventy Seven Albatross Jazz

Pros & cons with all of them. I've never played a Seventy Seven. They seem wonderful. If I could only play one! This one has an ebony fingerboard.

The LP DC has a rosewood fingerboard. I have so far kept to my rule not to to pay more than £1k for a rosewood f-board guitar.

The PRS is made of obscure local woods. The fingerboard is said to look like rosewood but have the feel of maple.

Beautiful. Their factory is not too far down the road from me. Just before the Chesapeake Bay bridge.

All these years I've never been to the factory. I even have known people who work there and they've said they would take me in for a personal tour but I've just never done it.

The bass player in a band I'm with, runs sound for Paul whenever his band plays. Not that that will get me anything. rolleyes.gif

BTW. M-E that looks like a beautiful guitar. Hope it arrives soon. msp_thumbup.gif

Very interesting m-e, thankyou for sharing.....[thumbup]

In many circles PRS are regarded as the crème de la crème for good reasons...

They also have their MIK range which has drawn praise for quality and value

Some years ago I owned a Patrick Eggle.....his 'Berlin' range had some visual similarities to PRS and was highly rated at the time.....

V

:-({|=

I'm a huge fan of the CE and SE guitar lines.The price:quality is fantastic. I played a CE 24 and went back and forth a few weeks back with a core line 24 and noticed the CE had a snappier sound which I really liked and attributed it to the maple neck that it had.

Enjoy the honeymoon msp_thumbup.gif

I'm generally not a fan of the the shiny PRS stuff but that thing looks gorgeous. Congratulations!

Its interesting you should mention the shinyness. I watched a phil mcknight video where he was explaining a visit to the fender factory where they told him that the only reason they use polyurethane on the usa and polyester on the mexicans is because their target market for the usa line generally prefer the less shiny finish of old.

A majority of PRS's tend to use a polyester basecoat with a polyurethane topcoat.

I'm a huge fan of the CE and SE guitar lines.The price:quality is fantastic. I played a CE 24 and went back and forth a few weeks back with a core line 24 and noticed the CE had a snappier sound which I really liked and attributed it to the maple neck that it had.

Enjoy the honeymoon msp_thumbup.gif

The CE bolt on necks were made in order to capture that sort of sound. Of course, the maple neck likely helps too.

I already have a Korean Custom 24, so I know the hardware is ok. Not as pretty as the Core but I'm glad of the saving.

Its the ES-339 that's sold me on semi-hollows. After 2 & half years, the thing is still growing on me!

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately sometimes Prs take a long time to come on. I waited 4 months for my DGT to arrive . Well worth the weight . Im a huge fan of PRS and have always been . QC is impeccable and playability is amazing.

I kinda of got out of playing for a while however kept my PRS SE MARK Holcomb signature . For a Korean made guitar ....it s for-sure a keeper . Tried a CE satin but couldn't bond with it and wanted an explorer anyways lol....My standard is a nice addition as well and fits me great.

I'd say any player should have at least one prs in their stable.

I never received this guitar [crying]

After waiting well over 3 months I have decided to ask for a refund. The shop have had the full purchase price all this time. I have now had enough.

Shame. It is a pity as it looked great and had an interesting providence.

There is always the Les Paul double cut you might consider or that other Jazz guitar which I have never heard of before.

I have never played a Les Paul double cut but my Yamaha SG2000 is of course similar in shape and I certainly like that guitar.

Is it me or does It seem odd to do a PRS(or any other Companies Guitar)NGD on a Gibson Forum? Or a Gibson on the PRS Forum....or whoever.

Sorry it didn't work out for you though.. Best of luck on your Quest.....

Is it me or does It seem odd to do a PRS(or any other Companies Guitar)NGD on a Gibson Forum? Or a Gibson on the PRS Forum....or whoever.

Sorry it didn't work out for you though.. Best of luck on your Quest.....

In the old days of the Forum, before The Lounge was created, most everyone posted in the Les Paul section. Back then, mentioning another brand risked getting your post deleted. To their credit, Gibson relaxed a little bit since then.

Archived