Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!

Guitar God

Been awhile since I have posted! Got a new guitar for Christmas. My dad kind of pulled a surprise and got this for me for Christmas from Reverb. It's a 2003 Fender Show Master. Messed around with it a little bit, but not much since I have been a bit busy today for Christmas. Plays and sounds good. Just needs new strings badly. Has those darn red DR strings on it, which I feel are terrible, haha. Anyway, here is a picture.

7paCiYa.jpg

Congratulations,

Merry Christmas,

and, please,

have fun restringing and setting up that really cool guitar!!

You have a good Father.

:)

Had those red DR strings on it, which I feel are terrible, haha. Restrung it with some Ernie Ball 10 - 46 Regular Slinky strings. Does need a set up, though. Yep! I know! He is a musician, himself. Drummer, though.

Dude... How do you manage to get EVERY picture that blurry?? That's quite a skill..

:D

Enjoy and a happy one to your and yours.

Haha. Well, I have a standard slide phone. No iPhone or Smartphone. Don't have a need for one of those at the moment, since I have a computer. Don't need a phone with internet. May come a point where I have no choice but to get one eventually, but as for now I am sticking to the caveman approach, haha. [flapper] Guess I should start using the digital camera for pics, haha.

Well please allow me to add a pic of one for those of us who can see properly ;)

4hMS4qD.jpg

That's a nice guitar there. Other pic looks like a stain in the rug. Congrats! Very neat gear list. If you're running out of space, I can store some for ya.

• 4 weeks later...

Pardon my ignorance - but I don't think I ever saw one of those before.

Glad you like it and I sincerely hope you enjoy it. [thumbup]

But I have to say I don't get it?? It looks like a Stratocaster body shape, but it has a humbucker, which is not really the signature Fender sound, and one knob which I guess would be volume? So not only are you limited by one pick-up in the bridge position, but you can't even vary the tone of it.

It just seems it wouldn't have very wide appeal which may be why they don't make them anymore?

Pardon my ignorance - but I don't think I ever saw one of those before.

Glad you like it and I sincerely hope you enjoy it. [thumbup]

But I have to say I don't get it?? It looks like a Stratocaster body shape, but it has a humbucker, which is not really the signature Fender sound, and one knob which I guess would be volume? So not only are you limited by one pick-up in the bridge position, but you can't even vary the tone of it.

It just seems it wouldn't have very wide appeal which may be why they don't make them anymore?

A Fender version of a LP Junior??

Archived