Gibson Brands Forums

More LP Custom Ltd weirdness

Rabs

They really are smoking some good s**t at the custom shop ;)

The Year of the Dog LP Custom $6,699

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2018/Custom/Chinese-New-Year-Les-Paul.aspx

gex3sQ9.jpg

Les Paul Custom Moonless night $4,299

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2018/Custom/Les-Paul-Custom-Moonless-Night.aspx

RLF8IPu.jpg

The Les Paul Custom Scorpion $5,999

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2018/Custom/Les-Paul-Custom-Scorpion.aspx

ZIujsNz.jpg

WaLQ0A1.jpg

AnTf1wQ.jpg

Les Paul Custom Chambered Blackout $4,899

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2018/Custom/Les-Paul-Custom-Chambered-Blackout.aspx

Yi1cfCJ.jpg

3A Quilt Top Les Paul Custom $5,899

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2018/Custom/Les-Paul-Custom-3A-Quilt-Top.aspx

PoKcDzj.jpg

OK, so I have been a defender of some of these creations in the past. But we've all got our limits. I'll just say that I hope Gibson knows their market better than I do (which they probably do). These all look like things that should be custom one-offs built to someone's peculiar taste rather than standard offerings.

I actually LOVE the scorpion and was considering purchasing one right up until I saw it came with richilite........changed my mind.

That "year of the dog" one is...........different........lol.

NHTom

I thought about getting one right up until I saw it cost $6000.

I don't mind the basic idea of the Scorpian guitars but I don't like the fancy appointments like the headstock binding and gold hardware.. If the had chrome and a more USA headstock I reckon it would look really nice.

Heres a mock up :)

SuEqlor.jpg

I gotta admit, I kinda like the white scorpion model. That being said I can't say I like it $6,000 much, but it is a cool concept. Kinda reminds me of an old 69 Camaro with racing stripes. If I had that guitar I'd only play it with my letterman jacket on. Alright, alright, alright......

I actually rather like the one with the dandruff problem. It would be better with a bound neck, though.

The black / yellow Scorpion is pretty nice, too in its own way. It's so tastefully garish I even like the Super 400-style inlays on it. That whole series reminds me of the 'Spotlight Special' run.

And the Year of the Dog?....Weird yet strangely fascinating at the same time. I can't decide if it's Hideously Attractive or Attractively Hideous...but there's something quite compelling about it......eusa_think.gif......

Don't like the chambered blackout things at all.

Pip.

I actually rather like the one with the dandruff problem. It would be better with a bound neck, though.

The black / yellow Scorpion is pretty nice, too in its own way. It's so tastefully garish I even like the Super 400-style inlays on it. That whole series reminds me of the 'Spotlight Special' run.

And the Year of the Dog?....Weird yet strangely fascinating at the same time. I can't decide if it's Hideously Attractive or Attractively Hideous...but there's something quite compelling about it......eusa_think.gif......

Don't like the chambered blackout things at all.

Pip.

I'll wager you a carton of my nation's finest lager that you do not purchase any of these guitars Pip, irrespective of how ancient the scotch you might be plied with by the good merchant folk of Denmark St... Hand-delivered I'm saying!

The dog thing looks like a rip off of a Jay Turser.

I'll wager you a carton of my nation's finest lager that you do not purchase any of these guitars Pip', irrespective of how ancient the scotch you might be plied with by the good merchant folk of Denmark St... Hand-delivered I'm saying!...

msp_laugh.gif

Ahhh....the Talisker must be wearing off...

Tempted though I might be to obtain such a heady prize, Scales, I feel I must decline the challenge as being unwinnable.

Pip.

msp_laugh.gif

Ahhh....the Talisker must be wearing off...

Tempted though I might be to obtain such a heady prize, Scales, I feel I must decline the challenge as being unwinnable.

Pip.

Phew. I was worried you might have pressed for two cartons. [laugh]

I gotta admit, I kinda like the white scorpion model. That being said I can't say I like it $6,000 much, but it is a cool concept. Kinda reminds me of an old 69 Camaro with racing stripes. If I had that guitar I'd only play it with my letterman jacket on. Alright, alright, alright......

I have to agree with you on that. When I posted I was going to say that the scorpion is the only one that's OK, but I was lazy and just lumped them all together. The others are all still ugly.

If I had the $ for one of those, I'd send RCT on my behalf to the UK to order me a Rabswood Double Cut, then sucker you guys into some free beers & lunch while he's there

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I laughed hard.

rct

If I had the $ for one of those, I'd send RCT on my behalf to the UK to order me a Rabswood Double Cut, then sucker you guys into some free beers & lunch while he's there

That sort of sounds like a strange dream I once had ;)

Archived