Gibson Brands Forums

At Last.. Guitar with built in bottle opener

Rabs

I had seen this nonsense when these were first announced a few months ago,

But to add insult to injury I actually went and viewed this stupid video. The little dork doing the review says "It's about time a major manufacture added this as a built in feature for touring musicians to get at their bevs.." Really?? and you would know this from your vast years of touring experience???

Like I said,,

.....Christ help us..........

I had seen this nonsense when these were first announced a few months ago,

But to add insult to injury I actually went and viewed this stupid video. The little dork doing the review says "It's about time a major manufacture added this as a built in feature for touring musicians to get at their bevs.." Really?? and you would know this from your vast years of touring experience???

Like I said,,

.....Christ help us..........

I'm not sure who Björn Gelotte Jotun is. It's a pretty guitar, lots of shinies, if you like that sort of thing.

He says the bottle opener is crucial for any serious touring band. And, then rattles off a few more sentences about it. Is this kid even old enough to drink? A bottle opener on just one guitar when you have many isn't feasible. It's better mounted on the outside of your ammo box that holds your cables, strings, tools and other accessories you carry with you while on tour. And, have one mounted inside the tour bus which was a school bus with seats, carpet and couches in the front, equipment in the back. That way it's accessible most of the time. That's what we did. Even then, it's not as useful when you drink bourbon or other whiskies. It's pretty much only useful for beer. Kids these days...

I'm not sure who Björn Gelotte Jotun is. It's a pretty guitar, lots of shinies, if you like that sort of thing.

He says the bottle opener is crucial for any serious touring band. And, then rattles off a few more sentences about it. Is this kid even old enough to drink? A bottle opener on just one guitar when you have many isn't feasible. It's better mounted on the outside of your ammo box that holds your cables, strings, tools and other accessories you carry with you while on tour. And, have one mounted inside the tour bus which was a school bus with seats, carpet and couches in the front, equipment in the back. That way it's accessible most of the time. That's what we did. Even then, it's not as useful when you drink bourbon or other whiskies. It's pretty much only useful for beer. Kids these days...

Haha! Björn Gelotte is one of probably two guitar players in Swedish metal band In Flames. It's acceptable to me they abandoned their death metal roots, because unlike a lot of Swedish bands of that era, I don't think they really had any.

A very biased opinion, based in no small part on the fact that they "rock" the Hipster Look these days, with curly long beards and thick-rimmed glasses. I am also jealous of their success, but happy I don't have a sig Epiphone like Björn does, cos SG Player would go "cheap Chinese copy!", and I'd have to react to it.

(I'm hoping Rev Six can take a joke. He seems better at it these days, which is commendable.)

Haha! Björn Gelotte is one of probably two guitar players in Swedish metal band In Flames. It's acceptable to me they abandoned their death metal roots, because unlike a lot of Swedish bands of that era, I don't think they really had any.

Agreed, more or less. It's kinda funny though how he named the guitar after the opening track of the last decent record they ever did almost 20 years ago. He was the drummer back then which might explain the bottle opener.

I'm not sure kids today even drink. For some reason, the new generation never took to quaffing actual, literal poison like us older guys. Huh.

Guest Farnsbarns

I was going to say the same, Miller High Life bottles are twist off. I love that beer and as a plus it pisses hipsters off.

I'm not a hipster (as if I know what that means) and I'm not PO'd but really, just for your information, that's not beer.

Any musician with any self respect drinks Jack and you don't need no bottle opener for that.

I'm always amazed when I see that video where Sixx and Lee downs half a bottle of Jack each... In one continuous gulp (or whatchamacallit) each.

I like a Jack and Coke. I've had so many, it's ridiculous. (Lemmy drank screwdrivers when he first came to Cali. I was way ahead of him.)

But to this day, I cannot drink Jack straight. It's vile.

I'm always amazed when I see that video where Sixx and Lee downs half a bottle of Jack each... In one continuous gulp (or whatchamacallit) each.

I like a Jack and Coke. I've had so many, it's ridiculous. (Lemmy drank screwdrivers when he first came to Cali. I was way ahead of him.)

But to this day, I cannot drink Jack straight. It's vile.

The secret is cocaine. If you do cocaine you can easily down half a bottle of Jack and not really feel it that much. Not that I’m suggesting you should do cocaine, just tellin ya that’s how it’s done

Archived