Gibson Brands Forums

The Non Complaint Thread

SteveFord

I woke up early this morning (no, my baby wasn't gone, that's an old Ten Years After song) and had a few hours to kill so broke out the guitars to give them a workout.

The Firebird has the easiest playing neck of any guitar I've ever picked up, the Lucille just rings like no tomorrow, the 335 feels like an old friend and the Martin produces sounds like nothing else out there.

These instruments are all stellar and thank you to the skilled people who made them and provided me with so much enjoyment over the years.

Okay, fine, my Les Paul still weighs a metric ton but a wider strap will do the trick.

I have a huge complaint about my Gibson Les Pauls and Flying Vs! My complaint is many and I don't even know where to start.

I don't have enough time to play them all, every day, all day, due to work and family and other adult responsibilities. I did get them all out the other night to play each for a few minutes, clean and put new strings on a couple of them.

Who could complain today? Happy 4-20. Keep on keepin' on!

Speaking of 420, Truetone music in Santa Monica is offering a chance to win (actually to purchase) a one off 420 green flame Stratocaster with cannibus inlays! I entered. Wish me luck.

No complaints today. As my dad used to say, "Every day above ground is a good day."

I liked Alvin Lee myself.

June 1969. I saw them, he was a god to me then. I was 15.

No complaints today. As my dad used to say, "Every day above ground is a good day."

One of my oldest friends died of stomach cancer yesterday. I met him when I was....15, that year 1969 again, big year for me.

He turned 66 on Wednesday - hung on until then - I knew he would.

I saw him last Sunday; sat at the foot of his bed, talked, hung out, was there for 5-6 hours.

I've had a lot of thinking going on this week. Ought to do a thread.

Your Dad was right.

Best wishes to all.

I make my living doing music and nothing but music.

Playing in a duo with my wife/lover/best-friend who plays guitar and synth and sings like an angel.

Making aftermarket styles for Band-in-a-Box.

I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination, but we're healthy, the mortgage is paid off, and my only debt is car payments.

I live my life on my own terms, and don't take orders from some middle management in a faceless corporation. I'm free.

I'm leading a charmed life.

I just got back from an afternoon pool gig, the crowd was great, the entertainment purchaser loved us, and Leilani and I had big fun.

No complaints.

Insights and incites by Notes

I actually won the Truetone chance to buy the 420 guitar!! I can't believe it. I have a one off pot themed green Fender stratocaster custom HSS coming my way!

The sweepstakes drawing was at 4:20 this afternoon (4/20) and they pulled my name. That never happens.

I actually won the Truetone chance to buy the 420 guitar!! I can't believe it. I have a one off pot themed green Fender stratocaster custom HSS coming my way!

The sweepstakes drawing was at 4:20 this afternoon (4/20) and they pulled my name. That never happens.

Dude! Awesome!!! Got any pics?

Congratulations!

What will they think of next?

Alvin Lee had a big marijuana leaf sticker on his 335 but that would probably look out of place on your Strat.

I saw him many years ago and he was just stupendous, that guy could play and make it seem so effortless.

As I sit typing this, my son is visiting this weekend. He is playing his 2015 Gibson ES-LP on my Mesa Boogie 1x10 5:25 in the other room. I hear Hitch a Ride, Sultans of Swing, Life is a Highway, Classical Gas and a Bach piece, Stairway to Heaven and others.

Very cool.

Sippin' on a Tom Collins.

Life is good

To jdgm: I am sorry for your loss. I hope I have a friend like you in my last days. I tip my hat to you, sir.

One of my oldest friends died of stomach cancer yesterday. I met him when I was....15, that year 1969 again, big year for me.

He turned 66 on Wednesday - hung on until then - I knew he would.

I saw him last Sunday; sat at the foot of his bed, talked, hung out, was there for 5-6 hours.

I've had a lot of thinking going on this week. Ought to do a thread.

Your Dad was right.

Best wishes to all.

Thank you jdgm. I am sorry for your loss, my sincerest condolences. My dad, whom I quoted and you responded to, had so many great things to say. He died 30 years ago this coming Wednesday. Pancreatic cancer was so aggressive and quick. I am still not "over" it. You should do a thread. I will contribute to it on Wednesday.

Wow - amazing! Congrats!

Archived