Gibson Brands Forums

Rabs Love Thread

Big Bill

This is not one of my usual sophomoric posts, I just wanted to create thread that might start a trend that shows our appreciation to one of our forum brothers who makes this a great place to visit.

I would like to start with our bro Rabs. This guy never ceases to amaze me with his kindness and willingness to help others. I'm willing to bet he does this in the real world too. He has to be a great neighbor to live next to. Unless he plays his Lester to damn loud. We sure could use more guys like Rabs in this world!

Please join me in toasting our brother in nitro Rabs!!

Aww.. Thanks..

I do what I can but this place has helped me out a lot the last few years, the support and advice I have got on here is totally invaluable to me.. Which I will always be grateful for. [thumbup]

And again as I have said before.. I have to thank Gibson and the people who run this place for allowing me to do all of that.

You have been pretty helpful when people have questions, you always find a helpful answer. You and Pippy our our WikiLesPaul.

I second this. Rabs and Pip always have wonderful insight. Rabs is also a very talented individual. Well done big bill for setting this thread up. We gotta tip our hats to those on the forum who are always here willing to help.

Yes Pippy knows one hell of a lot about LPs... And many of you contribute a lot...

I miss some of the older posters too like Donny, Izzy and Searcy... They all had their own ways of looking at things and something to add to topics...

Guest Farnsbarns

I'm willing to bet he does this in the real world too.

He's not, ya know. Offline he's a compete Ahole. Rude to everyone, starting fights and shouting his mouth off.

I can't stand the guy. Total knob [lol]

He's British, so naturally far happy being called a knob hen being complimented. Anyway. he is. :D

That does strangely makes me feel more comfortable than people complimenting me... Its certainly more normal :D

I'll fart in your general direction....

Good call Bill, Rab's deserves the props.

Rabs, I'll never forget when you decided to try and build your first guitar from wood from a door (I believe... Myabe I'm wrong with that recall)

And now, look at present day.. from whence you started to where you are now, is truly amazing.

Rabs, I'll never forget when you decided to try and build your first guitar from wood from a door (I believe... Myabe I'm wrong with that recall)

And now, look at present day.. from whence you started to where you are now, is truly amazing.

Haha yes... That's exactly right.. The first guitar I made was from an old toilet door :D

I just went and had a look at the pics...

I actually started working in a tent I set up in my one bed flat

SBPDdp9.jpg?1

TQkWm4U.jpg

And here is THE door :)

nLEp6qs.jpg?1

And my initial errrm, template

oGgdJ6Q.jpg

And the resulting guitar (which failed cos I screwed the neck angle up (I swear it moved by itself)

This was before the cap.. I did a full size tenon and made the cap to fit over it

uRvZmrY.jpg

With the cap

Iq8eIts.jpg?1

Then with pickup cavities routed

35QwlEX.jpg

And yes its been quite a journey hasn't it and a privilege to share it with you all.. Im still not really fully up and running yet even though the beginning of the year was really promising.. But ive had a lot of issues to deal with at home this last year which has meant I cant fully concentrate on my business.. But family is more important so it is what it is..

Im not giving up yet.

Archived