Gibson Brands Forums

Any horror movie fans out there?

Guitar God

Came across this article earlier that Steve Dash, who played Jason in Friday The 13th Part 2 has passed away. Bummer. [crying] He did majority of the work and there was another guy, Warrington Gillette, who did the unmasked scene.

The Friday The 13th series is my favorite horror franchise and Part 2 was my favorite of them all. Not too much scared me when I was little, but for whatever reason this movie was one that really freaked me out when I was little. I guess it was that sack that made him so creepy and I always found his face in 2 a lot more creepy, too. Him and Warrington Gillette's unmasked scene gave me nightmares. RIP Mr. Dash. Thanks, I guess, for the nightmares, haha.

https://www.horrorsociety.com/2018/12/19/friday-the-13th-part-2s-jason-steve-dash-has-passed-away/?fbclid=IwAR3Yp9IswpYVH7aKwfJc6uZV54-9DuZWdFXXQlvEGyCYkMPR1q2mJ-qb0wM

I like some of them.. Im not much for the more spooky type but I like the old gory/funny ones :) Ive seen all the Day of the Dead films and Evil Dead films and that sort of thing.. Also Peter Jacksons old films are hilarious..

In my previous life as a game designer I once did a pitch for a computer game including a full story line directly with George A Romero and he personally read it and gave me amazing feedback which I am very proud of... Sadly that company went down before we got a chance to take it further. Sadly.. That would have been amazing.

Did any of you see Drag Me to Hell.. That was the last Sam Rami horror type film he did a few years back.

I really enjoy those old creepy shows too. Heck I threw on the original Alien and Pumpkin Head here lately.

If I remember right wasn't Jamie Lee Curtis stabbed with a screwdriver in the original friday the 13th movie? It seems like she was. Anyways, I saw it like in the early 1980's or something and that really messed with my head at the time.

Also I remember on ABC back in the 70's and 80's there was the afternoon movie that came on at 3 p.m. I could not wait to get home from the bus when it was Godzilla week on there.

Man those were the days!!

I really enjoy those old creepy shows too. Heck I threw on the original Alien and Pumpkin Head here lately.

If I remember right wasn't Jamie Lee Curtis stabbed with a screwdriver in the original friday the 13th movie? It seems like she was. Anyways, I saw it like in the early 1980's or something and that really messed with my head at the time.

Also I remember on ABC back in the 70's and 80's there was the afternoon movie that came on at 3 p.m. I could not wait to get home from the bus when it was Godzilla week on there.

Man those were the days!!

JLC was not in Friday 13.

She was in Halloween. 😃

I was a bit older. It wasn't until I was 9 in '69 and saw the original TV-movie, Night Gallery.

-

you & I are the same age. I 1st saw Frankenstein when I was 5, but like you it really didn't kick in till I was 9 or 10 with Night Gallery, Kolchak- the Night Stalker, and here in Maryland there was a Saturday night horror host , Count Gore Devol's Creature Feature on WDCA channel 20. it was great. lol

I like some of them.. Im not much for the more spooky type but I like the old gory/funny ones :) Ive seen all the Day of the Dead films and Evil Dead films and that sort of thing.. Also Peter Jacksons old films are hilarious..

I my previous life as a game designer I once did a pitch for a computer game including a full story line directly with George A Romero and he personally read it and gave me amazing feedback which I am very proud of... Sadly that company went down before we got a chance to take it further. Sadly.. That would have been amazing.

Did any of you see Drag Me to Hell.. That was the last Sam Rami horror type film he did a few years back.

That’s awesome! I’m sure you’re aware that Call Of Duty ended up having George A Romero featured on one of the zombie games

That ended up being insanely popular

Haven’t seen Drag Me to Hell but I’ll have to check it out. Have you seen Phantasm? Probably right up your alley. Maybe check a couple scenes on YouTube it’s a good one

That’s awesome! I’m sure you’re aware that Call Of Duty ended up having George A Romero featured on one of the zombie games

That ended up being insanely popular

Haven’t seen Drag Me to Hell but I’ll have to check it out. Have you seen Phantasm? Probably right up your alley. Maybe check a couple scenes on YouTube it’s a good one

Yes im sure I have seen that even though it would have been a long time ago.. I may have to re-visit it one day :)

And yes, Drag Me To Hell I thought was really enjoyable. If you like the Evil Dead films im sure you will like it.

And.. My game was called City of the Dead (kind of obvious but works with Georges other titles).. It was going to be a free roam game like GTA (or more like the new Spiderman games) but with a city full of Zombies... Again that sounds obvious now but this was like over ten years ago and would have been amazing. Oh well :)

It figures.

Very nice photo, Karloff. You look like a kind, gentle man. No surprise there. William Henry Pratt was a kind, gentle man.

Let's do the Svengoolie Stomp!

lol, thanks. it was a fun day. my daughter walked up to the Count and said "I have heard about you literally my entire life !".

I also got to meet Danny Trejo. he was a real nice guy.

FB-IMG-1527773241976.jpg

lol, thanks. it was a fun day. my daughter walked up to the Count and said "I have heard about you literally my entire life !".

I also got to meet Danny Trejo. he was a real nice guy.

FB-IMG-1527773241976.jpg

Dude how tall are you?!

I saw Danny’s taco restaurant seems to do pretty well

Yes im sure I have seen that even though it would have been a long time ago.. I may have to re-visit it one day :)

And yes, Drag Me To Hell I thought was really enjoyable. If you like the Evil Dead films im sure you will like it.

And.. My game was called City of the Dead (kind of obvious but works with Georges other titles).. It was going to be a free roam game like GTA (or more like the new Spiderman games) but with a city full of Zombies... Again that sounds obvious now but this was like over ten years ago and would have been amazing. Oh well :)

I probably would have played the shite out that.

When I get back I’m gonna check if that movie is on Hulu Netflix Amazon blah blah

Who remembers Kolchak? I loved it, and still do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4wykRWPOkQ

As horror goes, I've been recently watching some subtitled films from China, Italy etc. Even though you have to read the subtitles, they're good films.

I enjoyed this a week ago. Werewolves, ghosts etc. I really recommend that you watch this. It's good. Chronicles of The Ghostly Tribe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jtmr5rJy_8&t=5400s

Archived