Gibson Brands Forums

LA Traffic

Tman

Finally finished the video for the song from our album. The Tele in the video was a Warmoth 7/8's series. The video was mostly shot the first week of November and the guitar burned along with my others in the fire. The song was mostly recorded with an American Standard Tele (about 2011-it wasn't mine). The solo was recorded on my Les Paul Classic that I sold about a year ago. The pickups were switched for a pair of burst bucker 1&2's. Enjoy, hopefully my pre coffee head shot in the beginning doesn't scare you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiq_WCnMlEA

Well done. From a nuts and bolts perspected, a well done recording and video, and liked the song to boot! the pre coffee headshot was appropriate - felt I could relate. Liked the tele in it. Out of curiosity, is this just a recording or do you play it live, and if live, how many people?

rgds- billroy

Thanks so much for the replies! You're right Scales, we Californians do a lot of things on the wrong side of right. [biggrin]

Billroy the song was recorded in a studio and we have played it live. By how many people do you mean in front of how many or how many play live? The answer to the first is that the biggest audience so far was at the Black Squirrel record release party and there were 150 people there.

We played with me on guitar and vocals, Dave Chamberlain on bass, Dicken Berglund on keys and back up vocals, Les Butts on Drums, and Kaleb Tman (my nephew) on backup vocals.

Check out the album on itunes under Black Squirrel! So far we have about 20 sales. 18 if you don't count my Mom and son. [biggrin]

• 2 weeks later...

Great Stuff Tman..Best of luck with the album

I really liked that Tman. Nice job all around. Good luck with the album!

Thanks for sharing the video, great work, witty lyrics and great playing.

Thanks Kelly, Marky, and Jaxson. I waited nearly 40 years to actually do something musically. I initially dropped out of college in the spring of 79 thinking I would be a rock star in Arkansas. I realized within one year that they didn't call it Little Rock for nothing. I have spent a good part of my day job career dreaming about actually recording.

We've sold about 40 albums (not counting my immediate family [laugh][biggrin]). Thanks for listening to it. Let's keep on keepin on! [thumbup][biggrin]

1553193920[/url]' post='1983469']

Thanks Kelly, Marky, and Jaxson. I waited nearly 40 years to actually do something musically. I initially dropped out of college in the spring of 79 thinking I would be a rock star in Arkansas. I realized within one year that they didn't call it Little Rock for nothing. I have spent a good part of my day job career dreaming about actually recording.

We've sold about 40 albums (not counting my immediate family [laugh][biggrin]). Thanks for listening to it. Let's keep on keepin on! [thumbup][biggrin]

That’s inspiring! You play like a seasoned veteran, the mix is very good too, ROCK ON!

That’s inspiring! You play like a seasoned veteran, the mix is very good too, ROCK ON!

Thanks Jaxson! The recording engineer/Producer/Mixer was Ryan Greene and it was recorded at his studio in North Hollywood. He has produced a lot of heavy metal and Punk but also has worked on a number of Platinum albums including Patti LaBelle. The guy is amazing. I have never played slide before. He said this song needs something during the dead spots between vocals where it is the repeating guitar riff. It needs to be accenting but not distracting. I'm thinking sounds like a California thing to say but what the heck does it mean? He said, " Play some slide accents." I said, "I can't." He said, "sit down and let's come up with some accent melodies, then you play it." I said, "I can't." He said, "Just do it." (kind of let the force be with you kind of thing). I just screwed around sliding up to a note and he would say, Yea, that works!" then follow it with this" and he would hum something and we would work it out. Then I'd think of something and it got easier. We did pieces at a time and it was done in about an hour!

What can I say, Very well done, I enjoyed the whole thing. I gave you a plus.

(Much better than my foot bone is connected to the, ankle bone.) Haha.

God that's funny, especially the visual of Herman Munster singing it!

• 2 weeks later...

Home with the flu today.

I've been battling it for about two weeks.

Really loved the video. Such a catchy tune.

Won't be long until it hits the LA News brotherman.

Hope you're well.

You give me a glimmer of hope!

Archived