Gibson Brands Forums

Dave F

Finally getting going on the music room.

I tried to get one of those old heavy carved church pews like one of our members (bayou bengal) has but could not find one locally for a decent price.

I think I may have room for a few more.

Music roomMusic room

Edited by Dave F
typo
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Glad to see that with a few exceptions the Gibsons have a morally correct, secure  safe space. While the Martins are hanging on a shoe tree. 

Lol. Yeah, "keep them over there . . . " he said, whilst genuflecting (referencing BBG's comment)

Starting hanging stuff.

Wife came down to take a look. She asked if the room will hold all of them. I told her no problem, in fact I have room for a few more. She said she doesn't think so 🙂

Those guitar trees are very sturdy but I think it looks cluttered. I'm planning on getting a couple more pews and converting them and getting rid of the trees and give the Martins a more proper home 😉

7 hours ago, kwalker201 said:

You care if I come over and play?

Anytime

More music room

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

I don't know about youz guyz, but Dave needs a few more acoustics.  there has to be at least 2 different brands / models not in those pics.

get er done Dave..

He has enough acoustics there for us all to go over and have a real good jam session

Hey I was wondering about the long guitar stand that holds many guitars, or some may call it the pew stand.. Anyway my question is do they hurt the guitar over a long period of time when leaning the way they do?   I am asking because I have thought about buying one, I love the idea of having many out of cases at one time...by the way love your room there and some great guitars as well..thanks for showing us.

1 hour ago, kwalker201 said:

He has enough acoustics there for us all to go over and have a real good jam session

yea that is an  impressive collection..   My wife came in the room when I was fist looking at the post... she goes "Friend of yours??????????"  I just chuckled.. then she says... "looks like he's got you beat..."  yep,, like a rented mule..

8 hours ago, kelly campbell said:

Hey I was wondering about the long guitar stand that holds many guitars, or some may call it the pew stand.. Anyway my question is do they hurt the guitar over a long period of time when leaning the way they do?   I am asking because I have thought about buying one, I love the idea of having many out of cases at one time...by the way love your room there and some great guitars as well..thanks for showing us.

I have some concerns also. If I designed it correctly an L00 thru a Super 400 should cradle without hitting the tail pin. I covered the bottom planks and top rack with 1/4" thick felt. I'm planning on keeping a close eye on the bottoms and add some cushioning if needed. The tree stands and wall hangers are all covered with cloth or felt.

The pew I used had a good back but the seat was plywood. The back was cut into 3 planks and the center support was lowered. The upper end of the back had a nice rounded edge so it was used for the top piece.  

I changed a couple things on the fly.

Pew bench guitar

48 minutes ago, kelly campbell said:

So you have no worries of the necks of the guitars  at that angle?  

you should make it so you can rotate the direction the guitars are sitting, and do that once a year - while you have a celebration around it, where you name guitar of the year, and drink a little something something

1 hour ago, kelly campbell said:

So you have no worries of the necks of the guitars  at that angle?  I love the design and concept but before I do something like it I want to be sure there will be no issues...thanks for showing the drawing..interesting.  Where did you find the pew?

Locally on Facebook Marketplace