Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

Slept in late (4:17 a.m.)
Had coffee.
Fed the birds and did some surveying in the creek after the sun came up. 
Took the wife to meet her dad and stepmother (after Mass) for brunch at a great local joint. 
Took the wife and dogs out to the airfield to let all three dogs run free inside a huge fenced-in area. 
Noticed the van was dirty. 
Went for a cardio swim at the Wellness Center.
Took the van thru a carwash, and vacuumed her out. 
Came home, fired up the motorcycle, and took her for a spin. Gassed her up with 93 octane premium. 
Came home again, and went back down to the creek with a cold beer, and enjoyed a campfire for awhile. 
I smell like smoke now. 

I'm enjoying some more cold beers right now, for the record. 
🤫

tcvoqdz.jpg

• Like 1

Sparque,  Wow - that's a full day..  for me it would be a week !     All I did yesterday was go to the marina with my middle son to 'help' him change the skids on his boat trailer.  Fiddled with the banjo, noodled with the J45.  Took a nap in response to two 24 oz. cans of Yuenling at the marina and in preparation for babysitting one of our 6 y/o granddaughters. 

I watched the 2 grandkids while Debbie went to her aunts house to take her and her cat to the vet.  While waiting to see the vet, 45 minutes, A 2:00 appointment and the vet saw them at 2:45, the cat passed away waiting. It was old though, about 25 years old and 2 bad kidneys. 

9 hours ago, Retired said:

I watched the 2 grandkids while Debbie went to her aunts house to take her and her cat to the vet.  While waiting to see the vet, 45 minutes, A 2:00 appointment and the vet saw them at 2:45, the cat passed away waiting. It was old though, about 25 years old and 2 bad kidneys. 

Did they charge you ?    ("She's not only merely dead. She's really most sincerely dead.") !  Munchkin Coroner ref. 

Fixing to get up for my 2nd cup of coffee.  All on my plate today is to pick up 8 y/o granddaughter at her school -  for her 5th guitar lesson and babysitting until midnight.     Pick up 90 lbs of dog food at Tractor Supply on the way.  And a bottle of that urine scent remover for our 100+ lb.  GSD rescue  that, after 5 months, decided to mark around inside the house.  Cases stored behind 2 closed doors ! 

• Like 1

@fortyearspickn take it from me as someone who has had to clean up messes of 2 large dogs...  Invest in a carpet cleaner lol!  With 2 young kiddos and 2 big dogs running around on carpet all day, every day, it is money well spent.  It is one of those that blasts it with hot soapy water and extracts it.  I don't ever want to get into details of what this thing has prevented me from having to clean up by hand...  Completely removes all evidence - sight and smell. 

Not sure about how well it would do with cat urine as that stuff is nasty...  Not that dog pee is much more pleasant (haha!) but I one time had a bag that I kept all my cords in for my guitar amp stuff, left it at the practice house that happened to have cats roaming around it.  Well those kitties decided to piss on everything of ours and GD it, that pee was disgusting smelling...  Peed on amp grilles, pedals, you name it...  To this day, I will bet that cat pee smell is there alive and well.  I know when I got rid of the bag a few years after the event happened, it was pungent as ever then.  That smell does not go away. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

@fortyearspickn take it from me as someone who has had to clean up messes of 2 large dogs...  Invest in a carpet cleaner lol!  With 2 young kiddos and 2 big dogs running around on carpet all day, every day, it is money well spent.  It is one of those that blasts it with hot soapy water and extracts it.  I don't ever want to get into details of what this thing has prevented me from having to clean up by hand...  Completely removes all evidence - sight and smell. 

Not sure about how well it would do with cat urine as that stuff is nasty...  Not that dog pee is much more pleasant (haha!) but I one time had a bag that I kept all my cords in for my guitar amp stuff, left it at the practice house that happened to have cats roaming around it.  Well those kitties decided to piss on everything of ours and GD it, that pee was disgusting smelling...  Peed on amp grilles, pedals, you name it...  To this day, I will bet that cat pee smell is there alive and well.  I know when I got rid of the bag a few years after the event happened, it was pungent as ever then.  That smell does not go away. 

Take the advice 40 years gave me and open a can of sardines to mask the smell. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Did they charge you ?    ("She's not only merely dead. She's really most sincerely dead.") !  Munchkin Coroner ref. 

Fixing to get up for my 2nd cup of coffee.  All on my plate today is to pick up 8 y/o granddaughter at her school -  for her 5th guitar lesson and babysitting until midnight.     Pick up 90 lbs of dog food at Tractor Supply on the way.  And a bottle of that urine scent remover for our 100+ lb.  GSD rescue  that, after 5 months, decided to mark around inside the house.  Cases stored behind 2 closed doors ! 

I still love that old movie. Yep! That was the Coroner's report. They charged Deb's aunt $20.00 to depose of the cat. They send 'em off to be burned. 

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Take the advice 40 years gave me and open a can of sardines to mask the smell. 

That is nasty to Haha. I worked at BN in the shot blast and my partner twice opened a can of sardines at lunch time. Pulled one out and chomped it down whole. The smell and sight, Discusting.  Haha, I had to get up and eat my lunch elsewhere. Yeah, Worse than a bad fart. 

I read the news today oh boy'

The Oahu government is trying to ban amplified music for street performers in the Waikiki area.

I'm concerned with the language of the ban that it could be much farther reaching than just street performers. There are several clubs with outdoor entertainment, also it could extend to construction workers using their DeWalt radios and many things in-between.

Hawaii does have a noise ordinance that states any excessive noise shall stop by 10 PM.

• Like 1

It's fun to make vague laws you can enforce however you want upon whomever you want.    I have  a 9 volt battery powered  'cigar box' amplifier.  It is just loud enough to be heard over the cries of anguish of the snowflakes melting in the park. 

Edited by fortyearspickn
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, mihcmac said:

I read the news today oh boy'

The Oahu government is trying to ban amplified music for street performers in the Waikiki area.

I'm concerned with the language of the ban that it could be much farther reaching than just street performers. There are several clubs with outdoor entertainment, also it could extend to construction workers using their DeWalt radios and many things in-between.

Hawaii does have a noise ordinance that states any excessive noise shall stop by 10 PM.

Could be worse. Looks like we're seeing the beginning of WWIII right next door over here. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2022 at 7:46 AM, Pinch said:

Could be worse. Looks like we're seeing the beginning of WWIII right next door over here. 

On 2/24/2022 at 8:58 AM, Mr. Gibson said:

Yep, looks like Putin let loose the dogs of war. Hopefully we don’t get drug into it. 

England policed the waves for over 300 years and built an empire. WW I halted empire expansionism, the conditions of theTreaty of Versailles opened the door for WW II. The wall coming down started a cascade of events with the USSR losing territory and Russia re-inventing itself. This is a new era with technology that places everyone within reach. Because of Glasnost I think the people of Russia could be the best hope for controlling Putin, as long as our world tech can keep them informed.

On 2/25/2022 at 8:24 PM, mihcmac said:

England policed the waves for over 300 years and built an empire. WW I halted empire expansionism, the conditions of theTreaty of Versailles opened the door for WW II. The wall coming down started a cascade of events with the USSR losing territory and Russia re-inventing itself. This is a new era with technology that places everyone within reach. Because of Glasnost I think the people of Russia could be the best hope for controlling Putin, as long as our world tech can keep them informed.

It seems like their young soldiers don't want this. They have access to the internet like everyone else, and like all young people they probably want the same things as everyone else. And they talk to people on the other side of the world like we all do, and so they get different perspectives. 

Nothing good will come out of this war for a single person. 

12 minutes ago, Pinch said:

It seems like their young soldiers don't want this. They have access to the internet like everyone else, and like all young people they probably want the same things as everyone else. And they talk to people on the other side of the world like we all do, and so they get different perspectives. 

Nothing good will come out of this war for a single person. 

I was in the first Gulf War. Did I want to be there, HELL NO. No Sailor, or Coastie, or Soilder, or Marine, or I guess now its Airperson, or Space Forceperson wants to go to War. Well maybe the ones that think they are Billy Bad A$$ want to, but I didn't. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

I was in the first Gulf War. Did I want to be there, HELL NO. No Sailor, or Coastie, or Soilder, or Marine, or I guess now its Airperson wants to go to War. Well many the ones that thing they are Billy Bad A$$ want to, but I didn't. 

I hear ya. My point was, they haven't been secluded enough to be as indoctrinated as prior generations. 

Played hockey last night and was given a 40 year old Hagstrom "Jimmy" acoustic guitar by a hockey bud who wants me to make some simple repairs to it.

Spent a portion of today researching it, and then visiting a music store and hardware stores to purchase the bridge pins, strings, pick guard and a very, very, very tiny bolt required to repair one of the open tuners. I get lots of satisfaction working on little projects like this.

Should be finished by Wednesday or Thursday.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo

Weekly guitar lesson today with 8 y/o granddaughter.  I think this is the 6th.  Now devolved to bringing her to soccer practice as well as  babysitting until midnight like last week.  With a 40 minute guitar lesson in there somewhere.   I may have to start charging.  

Classic  "First World Problem".     Maybe I should be giving her shooting lessons instead. 

On 2/23/2022 at 6:32 PM, fortyearspickn said:

It's fun to make vague laws you can enforce however you want upon whomever you want.    I have  a 9 volt battery powered  'cigar box' amplifier.  It is just loud enough to be heard over the cries of anguish of the snowflakes melting in the park. 

Of course this goes way back to 1971 when I graduated from High School but my 2 uncles came over and we all played guitars outside on the patio above the garage. Guess we were heard over a block away and my mom was answering the phone left and right and coming out to tell us; "Another compliment and they want you to play that song again or it would be a request. Lol"  We played for over 2 hours. Not one complaint.