Gibson Brands Forums

John Prine

AnneS

So sad to hear this news.  It kind  of gave me the chills when I first heard he was ill with this virus.  With all the health problems he’s fought for years, I guess  he was kind of a prime candidate.  His writing is so damn good that it’s irritating to think how few people know of him, aside from folks like us.  He is a true legend with all the talent and natural mojo and charisma that goes with it.  He was a really good human and the world is a lesser place without him.  I listen to “Hello in There” (as just one example) and then I want to punch these new country hick-hop a-holes in mouth......Anyway, there won’t be another Prine.

• Like 2

John had a great career and many fans. He was respected in every genre, and by all writers. He made it past three score plus 10. He did what he loved for a living, so he never worked a day in his life. 

I'll not mourn his death, I'll celebrate his life.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 3:46 PM, AnneS said:

Just came across this 1.5 hr interview from Feb 2019. Nice way to spend some time on a stay-home Sunday. Enjoy.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs_this_morning/video/xJkNYYPHtZODvw7RvxMTxLtEOHpBkV3Y/john-prine-at-home-with-the-songwriting-legend/

Great, open-hearted interview.  Tnx. 

I've watched the tiny desk concert a few times over last couple of days...this song really stuck.I had a go at a cover. He was still writing  the highest quality songs in his latter years. This from 2018 album The Tree of Forgiveness.

Edited by flatbaroque
  • Like 1