Gibson Brands Forums

I'm tired of it....

Mr. Gibson

Remember, Only Female mosquitoes bite. They need the blood to produce their eggs. Males they say only feed on Nectar.  Worst getting bit from dusk to dawn.  I would imagine that you get those huge ones that resymble dragon flies up in Minnesota? Haha.  Get yourself a Judge and shoot them with birdshot. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The rioting is getting way beyond stupid. It hasn't solved anything yet. I don't know how to express myself so I'll throw a brick.

I don’t know.  I’ve heard that nothing leads to productive dispute resolution discussions more than flying bricks and burning buildings.  It really helps get things off to a smooth start.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Retired said:

Remember, Only Female mosquitoes bite. They need the blood to produce their eggs. Males they say only feed on Nectar.  Worst getting bit from dusk to dawn.  I would imagine that you get those huge ones that resymble dragon flies up in Minnesota? Haha.  Get yourself a Judge and shoot them with birdshot. 

No Butch, I use bugassalt salt shotgun, you need one for your collection. Get the 3.0 black fly. I'm good enough now to get them on the fly. I'm going to order the laser sight,my friend has one,works good.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

No Butch, I use bugassalt salt shotgun, you need one for your collection. Get the 3.0 black fly. I'm good enough now to get them on the fly. I'm going to order the laser sight,my friend has one,works good.

Nah, I don't need one, I got a Deb.  She gives out that sweet body order they just love and flock too.  Then when she's had enough & goes in, I just go in with her and never get bit! Haha. 

Yeah.  I'd say I miss Baseball the most.  But, that's because going to our AAA Minor League games was my main outside interest, so...      Now they have  'virtual' games on TV.  A  very poor placebo for having seats in the 2nd row behind Home Plate.  With actual crowds spilling actual beer on you.   And being inches away from getting beaned by an actual 100mph foul ball !   Twice. They say 3rd time is the charm - so I changed my seats to behind the net.    Good Times. 

• Like 1

I miss life the way it was before.  I’m kind of beginning to think that “before” is not coming back.....at least not until the people who just want to be left alone decide that they have to get involved.   Most oF all, I think I’m missing the truth.  I’m all over our part of the world everyday.  I just don’t see/hear all this anger, fear, and hatred I constantly see/hear being reported on the news.  Seems it’s all doom and gloom 24/7.  If it’s not COVID19, it’s riots.  And next week it will be something else.   A non-stop drumbeat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lord Summerisle said:

I miss the 1990s. It's been crap ever since.

I miss the 50's & 60's.  The 50's, I could pedal my tricycle around the entire block at 3 yrs old without mom or day worrying. The 60's, I could walk 5 or 6 miles from home to downtown  to race slot cars at Pee Wee's store and come back without any worries. 63, I would have been 10. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Retired said:

I miss the 50's & 60's.  The 50's, I could pedal my tricycle around the entire block at 3 yrs old without mom or day worrying. The 60's, I could walk 5 or 6 miles from home to downtown  to race slot cars at Pee Wee's store and come back without any worries. 63, I would have been 10. 

I take your point. In the 1990s I was a college student - someone (I forget who) rather neatly described this as "All of the freedom of adulthood with precisely none of its responsibilities." So yes, rose tinted spectacles.

We could argue for some time about the generational lottery. I've always thought that if I could have had my pick I'd have been a British Boomer like my Dad. Once the dreary postwar '50s childhood was out of the way, the world was there to be enjoyed - and, unlike American Boomers, without the specter of the Vietnam lottery hanging over the party. However, I was born in the late '70s, and am glad to have had my youth in the '90s.

As the '90s wore to a close, the worst thing to the happen in the west, apparently, was the peccadilloes and infidelities of the US President. And now here we are in 2020. The world changed on 9/11/2001, and the new century, now with one fifth of it gone (so scarcely a new century anymore) has been relentlessly bloody awful ever since.

If I could get in the time machine, set the controls for 1996, and wake up somewhere in my knackered 1981 Volvo 244 with a Stone Roses cassette playing in its Alpine stereo, I'd take that deal. Ah, and I appear to have arrived back at nostalgia.

Edited by Lord Summerisle

14 minutes ago, Lord Summerisle said:

I take your point. In the 1990s I was a college student - someone (I forget who) rather neatly described this as "All of the freedom of adulthood with precisely none of its responsibilities." So yes, rose tinted spectacles.

We could argue for some time about the generational lottery. I've always thought that if I could have my pick I'd be a British Boomer like my Dad. Once the dreary postwar '50s childhood was out of the way, the world was there to be enjoyed - and, unlike American Boomers, without the specter of the Vietnam lottery hanging over the party. However, I was born in the late '70s, and am glad to have had my youth in the '90s.

As the '90s wore to a close, the worst thing to the happen in the west, apparently, was the peccadilloes and infidelities of the US President. And now here we are in 2020. The world changed on 9/11/2001, and the new century, now with one fifth of it gone (so scarcely a new century anymore) has been relentlessly bloody awful ever since.

If I could get in the time machine, set the controls for 1996, and wake up somewhere in my knackered 1981 Volvo 244 with a Stone Roses cassette playing in its Alpine stereo, I'd take that deal. Ah, and I appear to have arrived back at nostalgia.

Cool!  I retired from the Railroad, May 31, 2013. It had been changing for the worse for a long time.  Actually, I'm glad to be done with it and never have to go back.  I feel sorry for the guys I know still there.   Really, The best thing I did that I truly miss is Drag Racing in the NHRA.  I had 3 different cars with the last one a, all chevy powered Dodge Colt I ran in Pro Gas.  That was a blast. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Retired said:

Cool!  I retired from the Railroad, May 31, 2013. It had been changing for the worse for a long time.  Actually, I'm glad to be done with it and never have to go back.  I feel sorry for the guys I know still there.   Really, The best thing I did that I truly miss is Drag Racing in the NHRA.  I had 3 different cars with the last one a, all chevy powered Dodge Colt I ran in Pro Gas.  That was a blast. 

I worked for Norfolk Southern right after I got out of the service. After a year and half of being on 3rd shift, I had enough. I'm a contractor for NASA now. I maintain and help operate a NASA wind tunnel. This is gonna be week 17 working from home. I could do this till I retire.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

I'm sick of the fact that no matter how vigorously you shake the mustard bottle, the 1st squirt on your hotdog is watery mustard juice. Congress should look into this. get to the bottom of it. make themselves useful.

and how did the O's take 2 outta 3 from the Red Sox ?  

• Like 1

Many of the things I miss - I didn't know I'd miss them.   I retired a year to the day before you, Retired, and even miss work.  In a million years, I never thought I'd say that!  But I think what I miss most is the way things were prior to the day, in high school, the Principal came on the address system and told us JFK was assassinated.  I think politics, the media and our faith as a country in each other died that day.  It was almost revived on 9/11/2001  -   but there were already too many people who didn't want that to happen.  So, now - patriotism  is on the chopping block. 

52 minutes ago, Karloff said:

I'm sick of the fact that no matter how vigorously you shake the mustard bottle, the 1st squirt on your hotdog is watery mustard juice. Congress should look into this. get to the bottom of it. make themselves useful.

and how did the O's take 2 outta 3 from the Red Sox ?  

Here's my take. F pro athletes. Bunch of overpaid crybabies. LeBron James has a high school diploma and if he wasn't skilled enough to put a ball throught a hoop, he would be dropping fries at Mc D Land. Mom I'm not going to college LeBron didn't. Roll model my a-ss. 

Nice your team took a few.

• Like 1

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

Here's my take. F pro athletes. Bunch of overpaid crybabies. LeBron James has a high school diploma and if he wasn't skilled enough to put a ball throught a hoop, he would be dropping fries at Mc D Land. Mom I'm not going to college LeBron didn't. Roll model my a-ss. 

Nice your team took a few.

Getting paid astronomical sums ( a million $ a game?)  will make a person do almost anything.   Even wear uniforms with the NIKE logo splashed all over, knowing they were made by slave labor. 

23 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

I miss life the way it was before.  I’m kind of beginning to think that “before” is not coming back.....at least not until the people who just want to be left alone decide that they have to get involved.   Most oF all, I think I’m missing the truth.  I’m all over our part of the world everyday.  I just don’t see/hear all this anger, fear, and hatred I constantly see/hear being reported on the news.  Seems it’s all doom and gloom 24/7.  If it’s not COVID19, it’s riots.  And next week it will be something else.   A non-stop drumbeat.

I can't even watch the news anymore. Just because there are things to fear doesn't mean it has to be blared at us 24/7 at 120dB. And the alternatives are usually polar extremes - on one side, Breitbart, on the other, The Unwashed Feet Vegan Community Channel. 

45 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Getting paid astronomical sums ( a million $ a game?)  will make a person do almost anything.   Even wear uniforms with the NIKE logo splashed all over, knowing they were made by slave labor. 

Slaves make Nike's?