Gibson Brands Forums

How would you make a les paul studio the best it could be?

jrseriel

Play the heck out of it' date=' it's fine the way it is...[/quote']

Agreed.. Just play it! They are great guitars all on their own.

Or, if you want, send it to me for a few years and I'll imbue it with mojo for you.

Cha Ching..........

It's already the best Bang for the Buck you can get. If you need binding, 57 Classics, flame, ect,..... Duh......

It's a Studio......

Beat It........

Murph.

Binding' date=' maple cap, flamed, burst, bound neck, bling...

To be honest there is not much you can do it was never designed to be anything else than played in the Studio as it has no stage presence.[/quote']

What I find kind of funny is that many people who have beautiful Standards and Customs don't gig them or take them out of the house. +:-@

I sometimes think there might have been a better name than Studio for these guitars since they get played out just as much, if not more than Standards.

Plus, they're only ugly if compared to a nice AA, AAA top guitar. How many Strats do you see painted solid colors and no one seems to complain about them. Why does a solid black LP with no binding have less stage presence than say a Black Strat?

Not really directed at you iownalp, because I know that's a general sentiment among most LP owners and fans.

how to make a Studio better?

easy....sell it and buy a Traditional or Historic Reissue.:-k

I keed I keed.

sort of.:)

my studio was first "real" guitar and 14 years later i still have it. it doesnt get as much attenion anymore, but for the first 12 years, i played the hell out of it, leaving it completely stock.

Some of the eye candy ( non-functional ) things they leave out are what keep the price of the Studio down.

If you start adding to it, those things get added to the price.

Man they just ( Fender too) had price increses ! What the heck do you think it needs ??

The les paul studio is a les paul with out all the cosmetic's. it has the same pickup as the standard and custom's do. the 490's series pickups. some of the new one have the bustbuckers in them now. The studio was made to play and play out too. That why it not got all the cosmetic's, its the tone that count's

I think they are about as good as they can get now.

Good price range.

Great materials and workmanship.

Great hardware and electronics.

They look good.

They retain their value pretty well.

They are not so rare or expensive that you would be afraid to alter them a bit.

I have a red wine studio and have owned better guitars from Gibson to include Custom's. I love my Studio and took off the pick guard and feel it looks better without' date=' but I guess thats up to the individual. Nothing wrong with the studio's they are great guitar and are designed for one thing; to be played and not just looked at (IMO).[/quote']

Still a beautiful thing to look at. Just not as much as say a Standard, Much less a Custom.

I would say make studio versions of the new Standard (ie with locking tuners etc), The current Les Paul Custom etc. ie have a chance to buy a Les Paul Custom with no binding etc and pay less for the same tone. Also a Les Paul Studio Deluxe with mini humbuckers like the Les Paul Deluxe would be good.

In short, across the entire Les Paul range, for those of us who aren't bothered by visuals, give us a chance to own a range of Les Paul tones for less. Have studio universally meaning non bound as a prefix to any of the other Les Paul models.

Matt

Archived