Gibson Brands Forums

Good stuff if you are looking to buy...

rct

11 hours ago, Retired said:

Yes, I see a lot I like including that ES-330 '59 Historic Burst but way out of our price range.  Maybe in the future? Who knows, I have a 401K I am going to have to withdraw cash out before too long. 

If you're talking about an IRS  'Required Minimum Deduction'   -  where, based on your age, the IRS forces you to remove a % out of any investments you put money into over the decades that were 'tax deferred' -   you should double check to make sure you need to.  In my case - I took the $ out back around March and in June-is, as a part of the Corona Relief Bill (Care Act?)  they put in a clause that exempts us from having to do that for 2020.    So, I have to wait and see if, when, how I get back the tax they took out in March and sent to Auntie Pelosi. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It's nice to know Gibson cares about our friends in the Land Of The Rising Sun (where I was stationed in the Navy) and are making guitars for them too.

Just about every time I see a Japan exclusive model I want it. Seems that they usually do more “vintage accurate” specs for Japan

6 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Just about every time I see a Japan exclusive model I want it. Seems that they usually do more “vintage accurate” specs for Japan

I love that they are looking out for them and sending Japan better more accurate stuff instead of leaving it here for us to buy. It probably has to do with the fact that they can jack the price up for the Japanese market. And they probably can afford them.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

If you're talking about an IRS  'Required Minimum Deduction'   -  where, based on your age, the IRS forces you to remove a % out of any investments you put money into over the decades that were 'tax deferred' -   you should double check to make sure you need to.  In my case - I took the $ out back around March and in June-is, as a part of the Corona Relief Bill (Care Act?)  they put in a clause that exempts us from having to do that for 2020.    So, I have to wait and see if, when, how I get back the tax they took out in March and sent to Auntie Pelosi. 

It's in a retirement account. They keep telling me I should take some out but Deb spent so much this year on remodeling the kitchen  we didn't want our taxes to go up any higher then they were already.  I'll wait next year. 

On 12/8/2020 at 8:24 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I love that they are looking out for them and sending Japan better more accurate stuff instead of leaving it here for us to buy. It probably has to do with the fact that they can jack the price up for the Japanese market. And they probably can afford them.

Sort of like Pfizer deciding they would give several other high roller countries the vaccine after allocating a piddly amount to their home country - which subsidized their research.    I'm guessing they'll not charge them half what they charge us -  like they do for all their other drugs. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Sort of like Pfizer deciding they would give several other high roller countries the vaccine after allocating a piddly amount to their home country - which subsidized their research.    I'm guessing they'll not charge them half what they charge us -  like they do for all their other drugs. 

No, no, and no.  Please, if you are going to start stinking up threads that have nothing to do with this stuff, please at least educate yourself about how these things actually work(ed)(s).  It only makes you look like a whack freak conspiracy nut when you just wander around nowhere near any "facts".  They are a thing these days.

rct

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1