Gibson Brands Forums

What made you happy today?

Notes_Norton

28 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Not saying no one can fingerpick at 12-String...just that no one would 'fault' someone for not fingerpicking a 12-String.  

Yes its a weird one to use that technique on. I used to want a 12 string when I was a youngster. Not so much now. My old signal processor had a 12 string patch on it. It sounded surprisingly good. Obviously that was easy enough to fingerpick. I recall picking 'Here Comes the Sun' using that. 

2 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

The Post Office finally delivered a Fox Creek motorcycle jacket which I ordered weeks ago.

I was sure it was gone for good but it's here and fits perfectly.

A1VOU1a.jpg

Are you sure you didn't get that from Mark A?

Swimming early morning with Cherry.

My pension fund earned more this year than I did when I was working! That put a smile on my face, I can tell you.

Even the trip to the recycling centre with a car full of busted up furniture & beds. Sounds dull but it was very satisfying slinging all that junk into bins.

Its also a beautiful day...

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 11:25 AM, DanvillRob said:

Not saying no one can fingerpick at 12-String...just that no one would 'fault' someone for not fingerpicking a 12-String.  

I can play Stairway to heaven on my 12 without a pick.  

10 hours ago, Retired said:

I can play Stairway to heaven on my 12 without a pick.  

I don't have a 12 string and I've never played Stairway. 

The only way I'd get a 12 string is if someone bought me one. The only way I'd play Stairway is if I was asked to. So there's a 99.9 recurring % chance it'll ever happen.

22 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

But...But....It's Spring!

Spring in South Florida is in February when the Live Oaks, Seagrapes, Jasmines, and most other plants put out fresh growth and flowers. By the time the Sabal Palms get into the act, it's summer weather and the traditional Rainy Season (although the rains are late this year).

I just discovered this. A  group of Italians taking a boring Henry Mancini song and turning it into something I actually like.

8 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

The only way I'd get a 12 string is if someone bought me one.

That is how I got mine. It was a gift form my wife. I love tuning it for an hour before I play it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

On 6/9/2021 at 2:23 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I can play it up to where you start to finger pick the C, G and D chords, so not much.

Haha, Well I do have to admit,  It was one of the first songs I learned after I retired from Justin Guitar and I learned it in 6 parts.  I practiced each part for a month before going on to the next part. So it took awhile. 

19 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I don't have a 12 string and I've never played Stairway. 

The only way I'd get a 12 string is if someone bought me one. The only way I'd play Stairway is if I was asked to. So there's a 99.9 recurring % chance it'll ever happen.

Its the only Led Zeppelin song I play. I always loved it. By the way: Debbie did buy my 12 string for me! Lol.