Gibson Brands Forums

Whacky Conspiracy Channels

saturn

It's weird enough that people produce this type of content, but thousands of people actually follow and like the videos. :-k

I came across this kind of stuff by watching other channels lampooning them. 

How can anyone believe this kind of stuff? These are just two examples. There are countless other channels like this,

• Like 1

I work at NASA and we filmed the Moon landing in the big hanger where we park the Space Shuttle. I think George Lucas was the director. See if you can spot Yoda.

People are stupid.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ohh and of course the earth is flat........

I remember watching something about flat earthers..  One woman tried to prove her theory by holding a ruler up to the horizon of the sea and said, look, its flat, it doesnt curve at all..  Another man said he sat at the back of a plane looking out of the window and only saw flat land so the earth must be flat..  I mean really... Then when they asked him how the seasons work he said, I dont know and for that matter, I dont know what the sun or the moon really is...

Idiots.

All the supposed "Sciencey" TV channels are peppered with UFO's and ghost chasers.  Turns out you can't really have a science channel without most people getting bored and wanting to watch somebody throw feces at the science to see what happens.  Science is like a s#!t fan for some people.  Throw some crap at it and see what happens.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rabs said:

Ohh and of course the earth is flat........

I remember watching something about flat earthers..  One woman tried to prove her theory by holding a ruler up to the horizon of the sea and said, look, its flat, it doesnt curve at all..  Another man said he sat at the back of a plane looking out of the window and only saw flat land so the earth must be flat..  I mean really... Then when they asked him how the seasons work he said, I dont know and for that matter, I dont know what the sun or the moon really is...

Idiots.

The Earth is flat it’s just the other 7 planets and Pluto (sorry you got considered redundant as a planet and were sacked) are round. Go figure. Plus I checked with the smart people I work with and was told the Earth is round.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

@saturn don’t be surprised when we have a way to quantify the amount of stupid people out there. It will probably be a large number. A lot of small, smooth brained individuals amongst us. Not that I’m some outstanding individual here, but I know BS when I see it. Although, I believe a lot of those subscribers to those channels are mostly entertained by the content - but why does that entertain you enough to sub? Plain and simple, scary world we live in...

13 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

@saturn don’t be surprised when we have a way to quantify the amount of stupid people out there. It will probably be a large number. A lot of small, smooth brained individuals amongst us. Not that I’m some outstanding individual here, but I know BS when I see it. Although, I believe a lot of those subscribers to those channels are mostly entertained by the content - but why does that entertain you enough to sub? Plain and simple, scary world we live in...

Yeah. I'm certainly no mental giant. But there has to be some psychological condition that allows people to hold such ludicrous ideas and yet still be intelligent enough to navigate the real world. I mean, this lady in above video actually thinks lens flares  in a photo are hidden planets and that NASA has placed giant satellites that block out the "real" sun in order to obscure these planets from us. 

18 minutes ago, saturn said:

Yeah. I'm certainly no mental giant. But there has to be some psychological condition that allows people to hold such ludicrous ideas and yet still be intelligent enough to navigate the real world. I mean, this lady in above video actually thinks lens flares  in a photo are hidden planets and that NASA has placed giant satellites that block out the "real" sun in order to obscure these planets from us. 

Paranoia, contrarianism, good old fashioned stupidity?

Look, everybody’s got it wrong. The universe is solid and the planets are billions of empty bubbles. That’s why they are round. The reason we can stand on the bubbles & move about the through the solid parts is because we are not solid either.

Obvious when you think about it.

Edited by merciful-evans
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

Look, everybody’s got it wrong. The universe is solid and the planets are billions of empty bubbles. That’s why they are round. The reason we can stand on the bubbles & move about the through the solid parts is because we are not solid either.

Obvious when you think about it.

I'm gonna eat a gummy and mull that one over. [cool]

12 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I work at NASA and we filmed the Moon landing in the big hanger where we park the Space Shuttle. I think George Lucas was the director. See if you can spot Yoda.

People are stupid.

I knew you were in on it. Did you kill Gus Grissom too?

1 minute ago, Mr. Gibson said:

I knew you were in on it. Did you kill Gus Grissom too?

We supposedly landed on the moon when I was 3, so not to much. I just hear the old guys talk about it.

This is the honest truth, there are people I work with that doubt we landed on the Moon. Um.. a lot of you guys are scientists and researchers. 

Not much has changed in a few hours. People are still stupid.

55 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

I hate the moon landing denial too. I want more missions to the moon. The thing is these people could literally go outside and watch a rocket fly to the moon and they’d deny it because the whole sky is some bizarre government funded illusion

Going to the moon is pretty much over at least for the USA. The model (and eventuality the real rocket) we are testing in the wind tunnel I work at is going to one of the moons of Saturn or maybe Jupiter in a few years after the smart people get the data and build it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

6 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Badass 

We have the actual stainless steel model of the Space Shuttle in our building under glass. It was tested in my tunnel obviously years before I got hired. We have a warehouse full of  models. We have a model submarine we tested too. Cause water I guess reacts like air.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper